Upgrade my HT for music

bhaskarvurs

Dear Friends,

I have Denon X2000 AVR, with dali ikon mark2 speakers. i really want to upgrade the quality of music i listen. i want valuable information on whether to go for an integrated amp or power amp.

at the same time i listen mostly to streaming music and use the Airplay option of Denon.

Please need suggestions.

Budget?
Look for stereo amp with HT bypass. NAD has a couple of models. There would definitely be some others too.

Budget is around a lac.. I have read reviews about Arcam FMJ A19, NADs D7050, D 3020. But unable to decide on any.. You have any suggestions

Go for Denon x5200, You will love it.

On suggestion, Before going to AVR brands like NAD, Marantz ensure you take demo.
Especially If you like mid-highrange frequencies(like ringing bell sound etc)

Hi Prashant!
I have denon x2000 already.. So don't want a another AVR... Amp for music especially the digital music which will go well with My Dali ikon 6 Mk2

Budget is around a lac.. I have read reviews about Arcam FMJ A19, NADs D7050, D 3020. But unable to decide on any.. You have any suggestions

No, I would not be able to suggest something from personal experience but these might help.
http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/13925-matching-amplifier-dali-ikon-7-mk2.html
https://www.avforums.com/threads/re...nd-cdp-for-dali-ikon-6-floorstanders.1208546/

A power amp may also be suitable.
http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/25918-help-upgrading-ht-system-amplifier-power.html

Dear Friends,

I have Denon X2000 AVR, with dali ikon mark2 speakers. i really want to upgrade the quality of music i listen. i want valuable information on whether to go for an integrated amp or power amp.

at the same time i listen mostly to streaming music and use the Airplay option of Denon.

Please need suggestions.

Start with a critical analysis of what affects the quality of sound in your setup.

In the first bucket will be the ones that have the biggest impact
Source, Speakers, Room

The next bucket would be
DAC, AMP,transport

and last would be
the i/c, wires

If you have done everything in your budget in bucket 1, move to bucket 2 and so on.

Just my two cents.

Start with a critical analysis of what affects the quality of sound in your setup.

In the first bucket will be the ones that have the biggest impact
Source, Speakers, Room

The next bucket would be
DAC, AMP,transport

and last would be
the i/c, wires

If you have done everything in your budget in bucket 1, move to bucket 2 and so on.

Just my two cents.

In that case... i cant change my source,speakers and room. so do you say DAC play vital role then an AMP?

In that case... i cant change my source,speakers and room. so do you say DAC play vital role then an AMP?

There were no rankings in any of the bucket as it becomes a bit more subjective.
Room - doesnt mean changing it but improving it by making sure you have done acoustic treatment for the same.

Wrt the second bucket, look at the DAC's used in the Denon v/s say Schiit or any other DAC (if possible borrow from someone) and see the impact. Similarly, check what is the real power o/p of the Denon v/s that of a power amp. If you can borrow these components and test by making one change at a time, you will probably get the right solution.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back