Upgraded to Musical Fidelity M3i @ Audio People Hyd

Divakar7

Hi fellow-audiophiles and wannabes (like myself),

I think this is a wierdest reason anybody upgraded an integrated amplifier. I was plenty happy with my Marantz PM7200 amp that produced liquid gold through my speakers. We ordered new furniture from Mumbai and despite sending design specs, the height for the amplifier slot was 6 inches whereas my Marantz was 6.5 inches. My better half wouldn't allow me to plonk the amp on top of the entertainment unit! :(

So I had to go hunting for an integrated amp that would fit into my 6 inches slot. Lo and behold, I stumbled across the Musical Fidelity M3i, read the reviews, went to the brand new showroom at Audio People in Hyderabad, auditioned with 3 of my CDs, loved the uncolored, spacious sound, where each instrument and vocal could be precisely placed. I bought it the same day. Went home and installed the unit and was blown away by the difference! Familiar music came alive and I could hear things that I had never perceived in my previous listenings.

Now a question--I want to buy a voltage stabilizer. Is Krykard a good company to go with?

Thanks much.

Divakar

Krykard and vertex both are servo based stabilizers. You can not go wrong with either one.

Many of us in the forum are using Vertex stabilizers for quite some time.

Congratulations on your m3i purchase.

@Kittu thanks much. I am going for the 1KVa model for Krykard for around 10K.

@Soul of music, I paid 95k for the M3i.

Hi fellow-audiophiles and wannabes (like myself),

I think this is a wierdest reason anybody upgraded an integrated amplifier. I was plenty happy with my Marantz PM7200 amp that produced liquid gold through my speakers. We ordered new furniture from Mumbai and despite sending design specs, the height for the amplifier slot was 6 inches whereas my Marantz was 6.5 inches. My better half wouldn't allow me to plonk the amp on top of the entertainment unit! :(

So I had to go hunting for an integrated amp that would fit into my 6 inches slot. Lo and behold, I stumbled across the Musical Fidelity M3i, read the reviews, went to the brand new showroom at Audio People in Hyderabad, auditioned with 3 of my CDs, loved the uncolored, spacious sound, where each instrument and vocal could be precisely placed. I bought it the same day. Went home and installed the unit and was blown away by the difference! Familiar music came alive and I could hear things that I had never perceived in my previous listenings.

Now a question--I want to buy a voltage stabilizer. Is Krykard a good company to go with?

Thanks much.

Divakar
Unlike lot of us on this forum you made a quick purchase. What speakers you run the amp with

Thanks

@Kittu I will check out the vertex too. 2Kva seems to be overkill for my requirements. My amp isn't very power hungry and other components have minimal power requirements.

@pdhanwada I have a pair of Quad 11L bookshelf speakers on stands. Decision was quick but after researching, reading and auditioning with the music I listen to :)

ooper waale, tere khel niraale!

Nice excuse to upgrade :D I will buy a new cabinet to make my wife ask me to upgrade everything.

@kittu Would 1KVa not suffice for my amp?

@pdhandwada I have Quad 11L on stands.

@Blasto what do you think I can get for a PM7200? If I can't get a decent price I am thinking of donating it to my school library which has an extensive LP collection of Indian classical music.

Hi folks,

I am planning to sell my Marantz PM7200 for Rs27,000 as I have upgraded to the M3i. As a newbie on his forum, I can't put it in the sales section yet. But if you are interested, please PM me for pictures and more info.

It is an award-winning amp and is in excellent condition. It offers 25 watts a channel in pure Class A and it delivers in Class A/B 2 x 95 Watts (RMS into 8 Ohms), rising to 155 Watts with 4 Ohm speakers. A single push-pull amplifier, symmetrical circuitry with independent heat sinks, anti-resonant, metal front panel and hand selected customized components including HDAM, assures extremely dynamic sound reproduction with accurate tonal and image balance. Gold-plated input and output terminals and heavy duty speaker terminals. With full system remote control operation.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back