Upgraded to TATA Sky Plus, the component video gives me a better picture!

well i know that PQ looks better via component then composite in my big tv,i did use initialy the stock composite cables of the STB for component,but quality wasn't that great,i upgraded to profigold component cables,the picture looks a bit sharper.infact when i compared the movie FIFTH ELEMENT played from xbox 1(not 360) via composite vs the same movie played in UTV world movies via component out from BIG tv.the colors from the big tv was much punchier,the movie played via xbox ,the xbox does have a very slight edge in details which can be only observed or noticed in static objects or if the actor and the camera doesn't move.
further more when i manualy streched the image in the tv when playing from big tv,the aspect ratio remained the same compared to the 16:9 DVD,no loss in edges or corners.

i am pretty certain we'll see HD offerings frmo tata sky and Big TV during 2010......so fasten your seatbelts, 2010 should be an exciting year :)

Iam planning to move to DTH once my hathway account is over sometime in jan. Should I wait and get the HD STB instead?

I suppose that the early adopters will have to pay a premium like in the case of SUN HD? In which case, Is it a good idea to take a normal connection now and then wait for HD connections to come down to realestic levels?

Iam planning to move to DTH once my hathway account is over sometime in jan. Should I wait and get the HD STB instead?

I suppose that the early adopters will have to pay a premium like in the case of SUN HD? In which case, Is it a good idea to take a normal connection now and then wait for HD connections to come down to realestic levels?

well are u prepared to pay Rs 100/HD channel,i suppose sun will give about 5HD channels.

a different query-
Does componet & composite work at same time?(outputs video)
I ask this bcos I record programe on pc which need AV input.
Earlier STB had 2 AV outs working together.Current Dishtv has one.When I use for both(splitting) PQ changes.
Many times when component is on,composite doesnt work.

Can you confirm this?

From your post title I infer that TATA SKY+ offers option of component out while one has to stick to composite in std TATA SKY?

Does anyone know which other DTH provider STB has component out as an option? The premium for TATA SKY+ is too high for just component out IHMO, esp since I do not plan on using the recording feature.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Reliance Big TV

From your post title I infer that TATA SKY+ offers option of component out while one has to stick to composite in std TATA SKY?

Does anyone know which other DTH provider STB has component out as an option? The premium for TATA SKY+ is too high for just component out IHMO, esp since I do not plan on using the recording feature.

Any thoughts?

The new STB (its a Thomson make) has component out for Tata SKY. For some reason, I had to fight with Tata Sky to get it as they were trying to give the older Humax boxes with composite out.

Friends,

Resuming this this thread once again with a new related question. I just switched over to Tata Sky Plus today from Dish TV (Hardly any significant PQ difference in my Pana PV8, so guys thinking this kind of upgrade please reconsider). Now I tried with both composite and component cables supplied with the pack but surprisingly composite is giving me better output than component.Am I making any mistake. Should I try with some specific composite cable?? If yes then which brand should I try.

By the way, my 10 years old Sony Wega is giving me stunning PQ with normal TS set top box. ( I have taken two separate set top boxes ) .

Thanks in advance friends.

It is your LCD TV that needs to be configured properly to improve the PQ

Normally the STB will output 576i ... so the PQ will suffer compared to a CRT

It can get much sharper if your STB can output 576p

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back