Upgrading the Klipsch

ankitbhargava

I am planning to upgrade from my Fronts Klipsch RP 260F & Center Klipsch 440C to Fronts Klipsch RP 8000F & Center 504C
Have read/watched some reviews from owners of both the Models and does look like a decent upgrade.

Any fellow Form Member here has experience with both or 8000F/504C?
My 100% usage is Movies

What should be ideal deal? Any contacts which could help with some good deal?

What are the short comings of the 260F that make you want to upgrade them?
The 8000F's are not small loudspeaker. They are going to need space to breathe so before you head down this road, make sure your room can take them in.

When you're in the Klipsch camp, the natural upgrade path from your existing speakers will need to be something from their Heritage series. The one's you're after, I'm not sure sure or confident that you're going to see (or hear) a day and night change. Maybe better bass and thats it. Does not necessarily warrant an upgrade. You definitely want to sample these in your living room and not the dealers.

I am planning to upgrade from my Fronts Klipsch RP 260F & Center Klipsch 440C to Fronts Klipsch RP 8000F & Center 504C
Have read/watched some reviews from owners of both the Models and does look like a decent upgrade.

My 100% usage is Movies

I a not aware of the newer models but Since its 100% for movies, moving from 6.5 to 8' woofers for the center will definitely give you more presence . The fronts also will also benefit- and is next in priorities

What are the short comings of the 260F that make you want to upgrade them?
The 8000F's are not small loudspeaker. They are going to need space to breathe so before you head down this road, make sure your room can take them in.

When you're in the Klipsch camp, the natural upgrade path from your existing speakers will need to be something from their Heritage series. The one's you're after, I'm not sure sure or confident that you're going to see (or hear) a day and night change. Maybe better bass and thats it. Does not necessarily warrant an upgrade. You definitely want to sample these in your living room and not the dealers.
The existing setup sounds very fulfilling after having done some acoustic treatment last year and having added the second sub plus recently the PAs.

However I still feel that there is some missing in mid-bass (?) section for example the dialogues do not weigh as much as they should for a cinematic experience. Also I am making my Subs work a lot to produce something which is impressive.

My Room is fairly large 20X18X10 and with only AVR and one sub I remember I was hardly having a dent SPL are required frequencies.
In terms of aesthetics, yes the larger speakers would also suit the space. I will research on the Heritage Series as well. Any specific recommendation?
I a not aware of the newer models but Since its 100% for movies, moving from 6.5 to 8' woofers for the center will definitely give you more presence . The fronts also will also benefit- and is next in priorities
Watched this video where they switch between 404C (not even 440) and 504C live and even during the video on Youtube .. that difference of woofers was audible.

My 100% usage is Movies

Hi Ankit,
Have listened to the 8000 briefly. Much fuller bass than the smaller 5000F, with far better mid-range too.
These two newer RPs were also less brighter than the older lines on casual hearing (compared with R280F)
Paired with the 504C, it will bring a noticeable, if incremental, difference in your room. It'll be an overall fuller sound than your current set up, if that's what you are looking for.

Only negative I can think of is from your other posts: these big boys may end up needing more power.
Regards

I have the 8000F.
I don’t know subjectively what I should be saying…..but I feel it is neutral (audioholics did measured them). Paired with my demon 2700, movies sound better and ample of bass (I also do have klipsch subwoofer also).

Visually it’s very nice without the grills.:)

It’s heavy though.

Hi Ankit,
Have listened to the 8000 briefly. Much fuller bass than the smaller 5000F, with far better mid-range too.
These two newer RPs were also less brighter than the older lines on casual hearing (compared with R280F)
Paired with the 504C, it will bring a noticeable, if incremental, difference in your room. It'll be an overall fuller sound than your current set up, if that's what you are looking for.

Only negative I can think of is from your other posts: these big boys may end up needing more power.
Regards
Thats encouraging :)
thats what I have been hearing in reviews as well. Thanks
The existing 260F are 125/500W with 97db sensitivity while RP 8000F are 150/600W with 98db sensitivity.
From the feedback in other forums, it appears that Emotive XPA5 should be decently sufficient to move the highly sensitive Klipsch.
What do you think?
I have the 8000F.
I don’t know subjectively what I should be saying…..but I feel it is neutral (audioholics did measured them). Paired with my demon 2700, movies sound better and ample of bass (I also do have klipsch subwoofer also).

Visually it’s very nice without the grills.:)

It’s heavy though.
The copper trims :)

Why dont you try elipson f24 ??
Being from a small City like Udaipur its not possible to audition any Hifi equipment. This city is still growing its taste for HTs
Also in longer run I would prefer to have same brand of speakers, right now I have a mix of few and it isn't bad for Movies.
The next brand I invest into would probably be the one which will stick for long time.

The existing 260F are 125/500W with 97db sensitivity while RP 8000F are 150/600W with 98db sensitivity.
From the feedback in other forums, it appears that Emotive XPA5 should be decently sufficient to move the highly sensitive Klipsch.
What do you think?
Should be doable, IMO. But someone more knowledgeable than me could guide with more precision.

Also, forgot. Why not the 600C centre, unless you feel you need for four-driver output?
In your room, for fairly central seating, the bigger drivers of the 600C would gel better with the 8000s actually...

Any specific recommendation?
The Forte or Heresy
Do keep in mind that these are music first speakers. This is what I'd call a good step up if you want to stay with the sound signature of Klipsch. The higher end of these Heritage models can be found in some bars in the USA (mounted horizontally). They play loud and keep your foot tapping.

My 100% usage is Movies

Have you considered other speaker brand options ?
Klipsch are good VFM speakers in US for movies ,while I don't feel the same here in our country.
Try to explore other brands too and take a call.

Have you considered other speaker brand options ?
Klipsch are good VFM speakers in US for movies ,while I don't feel the same here in our country.
Try to explore other brands too and take a call.
definitely considering SVS :) (Prime pinnacle more specifically)
trying to look up for first hand experience from users as I do not have much opportunity to audition

Last edited:
Hi! Well again SVS speakers stands same as stated for Klipsch ...
Explore other brands too.( Price to performance ratio needs to be considered.)
Exactly, spending double the international price .. it makes even more sense to consider price to performance ratio.

I have just started to plan this upgrade and I think I will take some time to decide.

Open to other suggestions too to beat Klipsch 8000F (MRP Rs. 184000) and SVS Prime Pinnacle (MRP Rs. 251000)

Exactly, spending double the international price .. it makes even more sense to consider price to performance ratio.

I have just started to plan this upgrade and I think I will take some time to decide.

Open to other suggestions too to beat Klipsch 8000F (MRP Rs. 184000) and SVS Prime Pinnacle (MRP Rs. 251000)
For me even SVS ultra Tower looks over hyped for its price here in our country.
Take a call wisely.

What do you think?

The copper trims :)

Being from a small City like Udaipur its not possible to audition any Hifi equipment. This city is still growing its taste for HTs
Also in longer run I would prefer to have same brand of speakers, right now I have a mix of few and it isn't bad for Movies.
The next brand I invest into would probably be the one which will stick for long time.

The Klipsch sensitivity is misleading.

You could check out the Dali Oberon 9, Paradigm SE 8000F, KEF Q950 and maybe even the PSB Imagine X2T and one of the Focal 8xx series

The Klipsch sensitivity is misleading.
Practically 92db from some reliable online sources, still not bad?
For me without the Power Amp, Klipsch did not sing to their potential
You could check out the Dali Oberon 9, Paradigm SE 8000F, KEF Q950 and maybe even the PSB Imagine X2T and one of the Focal 8xx series
Have been checking out Dali Oberon 9 and Focals :)
For me even SVS ultra Tower looks over hyped for its price here in our country.
Take a call wisely.
They are underpriced for US and extortion for India, even pair of Klipsch 8000F is 1100 USD only while double the price in India. Thats where value gets defeated

If you like Klipsch sound signature, it would be a natural upgrade.
Since you have 2 very capable subs, have you considered standmounts?

Cheers,
Raghu

Practically 92db from some reliable online sources, still not bad?
For me without the Power Amp, Klipsch did not sing to their potential

Have been checking out Dali Oberon 9 and Focals :)

They are underpriced for US and extortion for India, even pair of Klipsch 8000F is 1100 USD only while double the price in India. Thats where value gets defeated
92db is more reasonable, but if you find some measurements, have a look. The tweeter should be higher than 92db I'd think, the woofer (individually) lower.

Amplifiers are essential with any speaker, I believe you have explored the limitations of an AVR. I say so for music but it applies to HT as well. I've said this multiple times but you need to reproduce the peak output for HT.

If you considering SVS, also consider SVS ultra bookshelves. Although the peak power is only 150 w but adding the ultra center along with them will for sure resolve your dialogue issue.
SVS ultra center is the best center channel speaker I ever had.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back