UPS Brand Recommendation: Microtek or CyberPower

sl4y3r

Hi all,

Looking to buy one of these, want the forum's experience and expertise in selecting one. It's primarily for a PC with a 850w Power Supply Unit (nothing else)

CyberPower (not the US brand, this appears to be an Indian company)

Microtek

TIA

Microtek is running solid for me for past 4 years its a online ups for my office changed battery once and one more unit on a different office , cant comment on cyberpower.

Hi all,

Looking to buy one of these, want the forum's experience and expertise in selecting one. It's primarily for a PC with a 850w Power Supply Unit (nothing else)

CyberPower (not the US brand, this appears to be an Indian company)

Microtek

TIA
I am using a luminous 4.3 Kva UPS and it's been fine for 3 years now
i would suggest buy a UPS which is higher capacity than your requirement so that there is some buffer when your system is running full on

They are all the same more or less. Get one with atleast 2 years warranty and it would be fine. End of 2 years, change the battery and it will be good to go for a few more years.

Difference comes when you start considering APC and such.

MaSh

I am using a Cyberpower OLS1000EC for my audio setup since last 6 months, running fine till now, a little fan noise is there but i have heard microtek has a lot more fan noise then a Cyberpower ups so opted for Cyberpower.

Thanks all for your recommendations and comments. Appreciate your time and support.

I need to correct myself, CyberPower is indeed the same US brand, my initial research (partially owing to some bad web UX on CP's part) led me to me assume they were 2 different brands.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back