UPS vs Servo Stabilizer

ShaQ.Blogs

With respect to AV, When should I go for which?
What do I get with UPS (what kind of UPS), and what do I get with a Servo.

Pure Sine wave UPs will cost you a bomb! For normal mode, you will be better served by a Servo Controlled Voltage Stabilizer. KryKard, Vertex, Aplab are some good brands. Also check with Mr Murthy (Bangalore).

depends on budget and what kind of equipment and how many you want to run. An online UPS is what I would suggest if you have a budget and you want to run every equipment off it.

Since last few years, I have been running my AVR and PC from an APC UPS. I have had no issues so far. Last month i got an dell 24 inch monitor. Connected to the same UPS (AVR and monitor to the UPS).
Every now and then during the day, the monitors goes off and comes on. This is in line with some voltage/power fluctuation.
There are 2 kinds of power fluctuation i encounter
1. When this hits I usually have no issues and my UPS handles it (which is 80% of the time).
2. When this hits, my monitor goes off and comes on after a second (I haven't observed if the monitor switches off). I think, this is usually in line with some one near my house using welding machines or something equivalent. I see 20-30V drops - it comes and goes in quick successions. Even my 50inch plasma, which i have connected to the surge protector of the UPS has started to have its screen flicker and jump around. This happens only during the day - 8 AM - 6 PM.

So I am not sure what I need for this. I humbly request people who know what the issue is to reply.

Thanks

Hi,

Go with Servo stabilizer immediately as this flickering may damage your Plasma internal board which will be costly. Same issue I faced earlier where I have not taken preventive steps even though I observed this flickering when we switch on light or fan. Sales guy told at that time modern LED's do have inbuilt stabilizer and I did not use any which damaged my Sony TV board. Now I use Vguard digi200. So take steps immediately.

Regards
Srikar

Hi Friend,

I use Servo Stabilizer of 2KVA for my Stereo Setup and I am tension free regarding the voltage fluctuation

Krykard is one great Brand..

Best Regards,

Tanoj

Get hold of a competent electrician and get electrical wiring checked, especially the 'Earthing' , many a times this earthing is not done properly.

If your house has got 3 Phase supply try shifting your UPS on another phase.

There are so many models which servo stabilizer is the best and value for money. I want to go with Krykard but not sure I need to go for 3 phase or single etc.

Regards,
san

There are so many models which servo stabilizer is the best and value for money. I want to go with Krykard but not sure I need to go for 3 phase or single etc.

Regards,
san

Every domestic line works on single phase. Industrial or heavy machinery needs 3 phase connection. So you just need a single phase servo stabilizer.

Stay away from cheap square wave UPS.

IMHO modern power supplies within AVR are well regulated so you don't need voltage stabilizer.

If you are worried about extreme voltage fluctuations then go for cheap high low voltage cut off device for protection.

I shifted from Sollatek SVS stabilizer to pure sine wave Luminous UPS/ Inverter. No more TV reboots.
Yet to buy AVR.

Do I need any protection for projector. What could be the ideal device in order to protect my Optoma projector.

Do I need any protection for projector. What could be the ideal device in order to protect my Optoma projector.

There are two types of threats.

1. Voltage spike/surge- Good Spike guard

2. Sustain high voltage- Good Servo voltage stabilizer.

If you ask me the best protection is offered by true sign wave online UPS. Here mark work online. Because online UPS give complete isolation from input.

Offline and other types output are connected to input most of the time and they switch to inverter if mains fails.

Other second best solution is CVT. i.e. Constant Voltage Transformer. It is much cheaper than UPS. It give true galvanic isolation, voltage surge and spike protection and as the name implies constant voltage at the output.

I have CVT in Pune if you are interested.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back