Urgent help required!

dinni

Hi all. I am a new member to this unique and very helpful forum. I want to buy a new HDTV before diwali :p.Few things that I am certain about are:
1. I want a 32 inch LCD. (HD ready or Full HD). Viewing distance is 8 feet.
2. Budget is around 27-30k. Don't want to stretch it further and lesser I spend the better it is.
3. I am primarily going to watch standard cable/DTH over it. (Might upgrade to HD DTH later).
4. Not going for PS3 or Blue Ray player even in near future.
5. I am surely not looking in grey market.
6. I will change it in 5-6 years.
My main requirement is best possible Picture quality and USB playback (Standard files). I never listen TV at high sounds (Do I even deserve HDTV?:D). My chosen models are:-
a. Samsung LA32D550K1R for 31k
b. LG 32LK450 for 27k
c. Panasonic VIERA TH-L32U20 for 28k
d. LG 32LK332 for 23-24k
e. Samsung LA32D450G1 for 27k
f. Panasonic VIERA TH-L32C3D for 26.5k
The first three models are Full HD and other three are their nearest HD ready versions. Only Panasonic VIERA TH-L32U20 doesn't have USB support. Couldn't really compare the PQ of all the sets together:sad:. I will surely get SPVA panel (Sq01) in Samsung LA32D550K1R. Panasonic comes with offers and 3 years warranty. Lg also comes with some offers though it is a scratch card offer. Please suggest what should I buy? I want to choose btw these models only and will love to save cash (if possible). I reckon Panasonic VIERA TH-L32C3D is a very good quality TV but I am not sure about Panasonic LCD TVs in INDIA. Samsung LA32D550K1R and Samsung LA32D450G1 looks same to me. And I have never be a fan on LG products. Does HD ready or Full HD makes a difference with my requirements? Is Panasonic a reliable brand? Pls help me in deciding. Should I save some bucks by buying HD ready model?

Last edited:
try TOSHIBA 32PS10ZE LED TV

Edge LED Backlight

10-Bit Video Processing

Auto Signal Booster

3D Colour Management

JPEG Playback

2 HDMI Terminal

Power Meta Brain

Intelligent Backlight Control

AutoView

HD Ready (1080p/1080i/720p)

USB Movie - 27 Video Formats

What is the expected price of this TV and how the Toshiba Brand compares with the others biggies? I know that this must be a VFM product, but will it deliver the required PQ as the others above mentioned LCD do.

HI ALL...i am new to this forum.This is my first post.... Been following the forum for couple of months.

now I need suggestions to choose a 42" tv.LED/LCD/PLASMA.budget is 50k.can stretch a little.viewing distance would be
8-10 feet.living room is rectangular and dining is stretched along with it.i have gone through many threads,but i am confused
on choosing the right one.pls help me in choosing one.thanks in advance

Last edited:
HI ALL...i am new to this forum.This is my first post.... Been following the forum for couple of months.

now I need suggestions to choose a 42" tv.LED/LCD/PLASMA.budget is 50k.can stretch a little.viewing distance would be
8-10 feet.living room is rectangular and dining is stretched along with it.i have gone through many threads,but i am confused
on choosing the right one.pls help me in choosing one.thanks in advance

well vinoth there are so many threads about tvs at 50k. but i will try n help a bit.
first thing you have to do,what every one who buys a tv does is to choose
1. what screen size
2. viewing distance
3 type of tech(lcd/ led /plasma)
4.viewing material
5.very important....budget!:eek:hyeah:
anyway since you know three of the above points, and if you have researched about plasma vs lcd vs led, you should know what you want. if you are watching tv in a bright room with alot of sunlight then you may have to skip a plasma tv. because at this price you wont get a plasma with good anti reflective filters, though the panasonic 42gt20(2010 model) might be available for 48k??(difficult to find)
plasma tv have a very natural colour to the picture as compared to lcd/led.they are very good for sports viewing and fast pace movies. Also if you watch only sd channels and hardly any movies then i suggest you stick to a hd tv only since from 8 feet sd may look a bit grainy on a fhd tv!only downside to plasma tv are reflection and image retention or burn in(google it!:thumbsup:)these things are not prominent in expensive plasma tvs but are manageable if you take care.

Anyway i route for plasma tv as the PQ is outstanding! as compared to a lcd/led. if you feel the above points dont suit you then you may have to go for a lcd, though i dont feel spending more for led, which is basically a lcd tv with edge lit leds( very expensive led tvs are full array backlit) is not worth it!

@dinni. sorry for hijacking your thread!

Andre

Last edited:
My cousin is using the toshiba one. Pict quality is quite good considering it is hd ready. But no usb port in cheapest model.

:yahoo:Just got myself a Panasonic VIERA TH-L32C3D. Got it for 24k plus Rice cooker plus some other freebies. Excellent picture and sound quality. Will post a review very soon.:yahoo:

Just got myself Panasonic VIERA TH-L32C3D for 24k. It comes with 3 years warranty. Got a nice Rice cooker and some other freebies with it. Will post the review soon.

thank for the inputs.for now i could stick to plasma. pls suggest some models to have look on them with their model no.s and price.

It's ok. I have already bought my HDTV. Thanx everyone for the help anyway. Pls answer my STABLIZER required query if possible.

stabilizer is always recommended, depending on your location, otherwise a surge protector is enough.

Which TV did you finally buy and for how much (scheme etc.).

thank for the inputs.for now i could stick to plasma. pls suggest some models to have look on them with their model no.s and price.

Plasma........How good the picture looks, especially if you're a videophile or a cinema fanatic, is the most vital aspect of any HDTV. Specifically, peak white and black levels determine how detailed a picture can look on a screen. Poor white levels mean fine details can get washed out in bright scenes, while poor black levels mean shadows swallow up parts of the picture in dark scenes. A very wide gamut from dark to light lets the HDTV show the tiniest details, regardless of how bright or dark the movie gets. A mediocre HDTV might produce black levels of 0.05 to 0.07 cd/m2, while an excellent HDTV might offer levels of 0.01 to 0.03 cd/m2. Historically, plasma HDTVs have produced the best black levels, specifically the now-defunct Pioneer Kuro HDTV brand. The Kuro's screen got so satisfyingly dark that it remained a popular HDTV for enthusiasts long after Pioneer stopped making the sets.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back