USB C audio popping with DAC

got a Earmen DAC for both desktop use and with the phone which Doesn't have 3.5mm port.
Can you tell me which specific model of Earmen you have? Sparrow?

This one looks like android driver issue. Some phone OEMs have fixed it, some apps like UAPP bypass the android driver entirely to workaround this issue. I read like some DAC chips manage this issue. Yours may be ESS chip if Sparrow. What @MaSh uses has AK dac chip.

What you may try if not done earlier:
1. Set battery power saving kind of option to low and put the phone on high performance mode.
2. Try enabling OTG in storage options.
3. Try introducing a powered usb hub between phone and dac to eliminate power factor.
4. Try to borrow other DAC to test.
5. Try UAPP app and if not workiing get a refund. Google supports it, cross check with app dev too.

Last edited:
Can you tell me which specific model of Earmen you have? Sparrow?

This one looks like android driver issue. Some phone OEMs have fixed it, some apps like UAPP bypass the android driver entirely to workaround this issue. I read like some DAC chips manage this issue. Yours may be ESS chip if Sparrow. What @MaSh uses has AK dac chip.

What you may try if not done earlier:
1. Set battery power saving kind of option to low and put the phone on high performance mode.
2. Try enabling OTG in storage options.
3. Try introducing a powered usb hub between phone and dac to eliminate power factor.
4. Try to borrow other DAC to test.
5. Try UAPP app and if not workiing get a refund. Google supports it, cross check with app dev too.

Thanks for the suggestions.
I did try OTG option but that didn't help.
I did notice audio popping noise few times while using it with the Mac.
Oh yes it's Sparrow.
I reckoned there must be some issue with it so returned it for testing to HFV. Awaiting their response.

Thanks

Not sure what you're asking. The dac comes with a male USB c connector. Just plug it into the phone and it's recognised.

Here is the link to it for more details.

MaSh

I am having a weird issue with my OP5 and Ibasso DC01. The whole thing works fine but after 11 - 12 mins of continuous playback, it blanks out for 1 second and then starts again and this repeats every 11-12 mins. I didn't notice it earlier as I would listen to 1 or 2 songs and then turn it off. Any ideas/ suggestion on how to to fix or if you've faced this issue. I've research the forums and people had raised similar issues in the past but all those posts are like 2 -3 yrs old (with no clear soluion). I'm using Poweramp Pro. Phone is stock Oxygen OS.

I am having a weird issue with my OP5 and Ibasso DC01. The whole thing works fine but after 11 - 12 mins of continuous playback, it blanks out for 1 second and then starts again and this repeats every 11-12 mins. I didn't notice it earlier as I would listen to 1 or 2 songs and then turn it off. Any ideas/ suggestion on how to to fix or if you've faced this issue. I've research the forums and people had raised similar issues in the past but all those posts are like 2 -3 yrs old (with no clear soluion). I'm using Poweramp Pro. Phone is stock Oxygen OS.
Oh I haven't noticed and blanking out. Mine is 90% connected to my laptop and is running 8-10 hrs a day for calls and occasional videos.

MaSh

Oh I haven't noticed and blanking out. Mine is 90% connected to my laptop and is running 8-10 hrs a day for calls and occasional videos.

MaSh
So connected to a laptop it works absolutely fine. Been able to drive it for hours (although it gets quiet hot). Its just on the mobile where it starts acting up. Anyways thx for the reply.

Earmen Sparrow had this issue before the newest fw fixed it to a large extent. Try to update to latest fw and check again.

So connected to a laptop it works absolutely fine. Been able to drive it for hours (although it gets quiet hot). Its just on the mobile where it starts acting up. Anyways thx for the reply.
Hmm okay. Let me try with my phone tonight and see. I did use for about 10-15 mins and did not notice any drop outs.

MaSh

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back