USB DACs available in India in the range of the MF VDAC

pguy

I am looking for an USB DAC that I can plug into my PC for better SQ output. The options that come up are the MF VDAC (now being sold by HFV) and the Cambridge Audio DACMagic.

Is the CA DAC Magic available in India, any idea about the pricing? Are there other products that are priced near these two products that should look at?

If you're leaning more towards USB DAC's, then this could offer you great SQ for half the price of the DAC's you mentioned.

:)

Sticking with USB DAC's, worth considering this - comes to around 8k including shipping plus VAT deducted.

:)

Last edited:
Thanks vinod_david. Its a great option. I'll check it out in more detail - some DACs mention upsampling and some don't. Now, I don't know how lossy codecs can ever be upsampled, but it might mean something else. Anyone who knows what the 'upsampling' is about and if it really means anything that should be considered necessary while evaluating the product?

Another query: What if I later want to add a sub woofer. Is it even a possibility? I will be looking to get passive speakers with separate amps, but since there is no crossover anywhere in the setup - how can a 2.1 setup be achieved?

your sub should have a filter than cuts off higher frequencies. Some subs can even take speaker level inputs.

So the DAC would connect to the sub and the sub would have two outs that go to the speakers. The sub would filter the LFEs and send the other frequencies to the speakers? The sub acts as a crossover?

Any sub that I can look at to understand this better?

your sub should have a filter than cuts off higher frequencies. Some subs can even take speaker level inputs.

So the DAC would connect to the sub and the sub would have two outs that go to the speakers. The sub would filter the LFEs and send the other frequencies to the speakers? The sub acts as a crossover?

Any sub that I can look at to understand this better?

REL subs can do that very effectively..

REL subs can do that very effectively..

@kittu1977
Sorry, REL subs have Neutrik Speakon High Level input where you can connect it directly to speaker out terminals of the amplifier parallel to the speaker. They don't have speaker outs filtering out the lower frequencies.

REL says this is the best way to connect a sub to an amp rather than pre-out.
Even most integrated amps with sub outs have a full range signal going into the speakers. You need to use the cross over on the sub to integrated with the stereo speakers you have.

r205rearlrg.jpg

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back