USB Mic? and where?

prabhakarsun

I need a mic to record vocals, and instruments. I will be arranging, and mixing them using ableton live. But I am just starting out, so my budget is low.

By searching here and there, I found I have 2 options;

1. Use a condensor mic, and a USB audio interface.
2. Use a USB condenser mic.

I prefer USB condenser mic, because of these reasons;
1. Easy - plug n play.
2. Good quality, comparing to other option of same price.

However, I couldn't find any online retailer in India, selling them.
At 20north, i found these -

CAD U37 USB Studio Condenser Recording Microphone < Electronics : Electronics - Shop in the US from India @ 20North
Cardioid Condenser USB Mic < Electronics : Electronics - Shop in the US from India @ 20North
Samson Q1U - Microphone < Electronics : Electronics - Shop in the US from India @ 20North

Another option is to use this;
Xlr To USB Preamp Condenser < Electronics : Electronics - Shop in the US from India @ 20North
and a separate mic.

Can anyone suggest me which option to go? Also please suggest an Indian outlet where I can buy them...

Thanks in advance...

Hi prabhakarsun;

Have you tried Bajaao? They're based in Mumbai but will ship anywhere in India. Don't know about the USB interface, though. Maybe you could email/call them and ask.

There are lot of good quality usb mics which have great sound quality. The best option for you will be to go for Samson or Blue microphones ( all of their range is condensor only) which come from Rs3300 to Rs15000. You can try sudeepaudio.com or Golchhait.com ( their website is pathetic, call them for price)

Hey.. u need a mic for vocals.. rite.. u already mentioned that u need condenser mic.. my frnd, to drive condeser mic u need Phantom Power.. I have USB M-Audio Interface which has 2 inputs.. either mic or instrument.. It has Phantom Power, so whenever i need to record vocals i just connect mic and switch on the Phantom Power.. So include a good Interface in ur purchase list.. USB mics won't give u quality recording..

Cheers..!!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back