USB-SPDIF convertor

rahul_muzik

I have been in search for a good usb-spdif convertor and came across this, it uses xmos based chip. The price is not high but will that be good for good usb implementation. has anyone used it.

As per the website of element14, description is
USB Audio 2.0 Reference Design based on the XS1-L8-64 xCORE General Purpose Device
The XR-USB-AUDIO-2.0 is a reference design for production audio products that need to implement USB audio class 2.0. It utilize high speed USB 2.0 with 480Mb/s of audio data, delivering 24bit audio, sample frequencies up to 192KHz and from 2 to 40 audio channels. The USB audio 2.0 reference design is based on the XS1-L8-64 xCORE general purpose device. The highly flexible XMOS devices allows to tailor our solution to the exact mix of interfaces and digital processes for our product. This USB audio solution utilizes the XS1-L8-64 device to provide high quality digital audio connectivity for proaudio and consumer applications. The design provides certified USB 2.0 high speed device and audio class 2.0 device class implementations with configurable digital audio interfaces, peripherals and the ability to integrate audio processing. The framework also includes support for USB audio class 1.0.
Complete reference design
Stereo audio input via I2S
Stereo audio output via I2S
Optical digital audio output (S/PDIF)
Bit perfect digital audio data, 24bit at 192KHz
The industry's lowest round trip audio latency
USB bus powered, no external power supply required
Low jitter audio master clocks using asynchronous USB synchronization
Built on the 500MIPS, 8 cores, XS1-L8-64 processor
XMOS XSYS debug header for easy programming/debug from the host using the XMOS XTAG2 debug adapter
TIA & regards
happy music listening

Last edited:
As per the data sheet, it doesn't contain any tcxo, which I see in gustardu12, found cm6631a (a being newer version) is an improved version of older one (without a) and contains floating digital oscillator, don't know how good this wud be, any opinions? ...29views and still no participants

think so,XMOS XSYS debug header for easy programming/debug from the host using the XMOS XTAG2 debug adapter
bc5rW

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back