USB Type C.. Is it really worth to choose

asaldharan

Dear All,

I am looking to buy my First smartphone(yes you heard it right) as my current Samsung Corby Plus which is 6.5 years old is in a serious condition. While hunting for the best( atleast for my Budget which is Rs.15000 Max) I somewhat landed on Moto G4 Plus.

But also I see the upcoming phones all have USB Type C port instead of USB Micro-B. When I google it, I understand to some extent but my doubts are still on.

So looking for some one to help on my doubts

1. How can I listen to music while charging?
I know this is not advisable but just curious to know whether its possible or not. I have also heard that USB type C earphones or headset has inbuilt battery so phone does not loose charge and I am not sure how far it is true.

2. How could I listen to music when connected to OTG where the music files are stored?
I know the best way would be transferring the files to phone from OTG and listen but Is there anyway that I can directly access the music files?

3.Google search told me that USB Type C has the capable of transmitting HD audio signal but I am not seeing any Dolby Digital or DTS decoder specified in the phone specification. It also told that DAC would be present in the headphone where decoding would happen. Is it true?

4.Availability of USB Type C OTG cable and Earphones in the market?
I feel these accessories would be overpriced in the market atleast until the normal production happens.

Please help.

I am sorry if that is a long post.

Thanks

Dear All,

I am looking to buy my First smartphone(yes you heard it right) as my current Samsung Corby Plus which is 6.5 years old is in a serious condition. While hunting for the best( atleast for my Budget which is Rs.15000 Max) I somewhat landed on Moto G4 Plus.

But also I see the upcoming phones all have USB Type C port instead of USB Micro-B. When I google it, I understand to some extent but my doubts are still on.

So looking for some one to help on my doubts

1. How can I listen to music while charging?
I know this is not advisable but just curious to know whether its possible or not. I have also heard that USB type C earphones or headset has inbuilt battery so phone does not loose charge and I am not sure how far it is true.

2. How could I listen to music when connected to OTG where the music files are stored?
I know the best way would be transferring the files to phone from OTG and listen but Is there anyway that I can directly access the music files?

3.Google search told me that USB Type C has the capable of transmitting HD audio signal but I am not seeing any Dolby Digital or DTS decoder specified in the phone specification. It also told that DAC would be present in the headphone where decoding would happen. Is it true?

I feel these accessories would be overpriced in the market atleast until the normal production happens.

Please help.

I am sorry if that is a long post.

Thanks

Hi

Am using a lenovo zuk z1 which has a C type port.. This is what I think about it in terms of your questions:
It is not used for earphones. Aux input is there for earphones.. So yes you can use it for music while charging.

This clarifies your 2nd and 3rd question too I hope.

Earphones with USB c type.. I don't know if they exist but charging wire is easily available.. Slightly more expensive than micro USB 2.0 right now for obvious reasons but still affordable.. Try aliexpress for cheaper options too.

Otherwise the cable is Convenient. in the sense no 1 way of putting the cable. It goes both ways. So for Sleepyheads no more sewing the USB port carefully hehehe

And oh yes! Good luck on your purchase of a smartphone.. [emoji1]

Sent from my ZUK Z1 using Tapatalk

Hi

Am using a lenovo zuk z1 which has a C type port.. This is what I think about it in terms of your questions:
It is not used for earphones. Aux input is there for earphones.. So yes you can use it for music while charging.

This clarifies your 2nd and 3rd question too I hope.

Earphones with USB c type.. I don't know if they exist but charging wire is easily available.. Slightly more expensive than micro USB 2.0 right now for obvious reasons but still affordable.. Try aliexpress for cheaper options too.

Otherwise the cable is Convenient. in the sense no 1 way of putting the cable. It goes both ways. So for Sleepyheads no more sewing the USB port carefully hehehe

And oh yes! Good luck on your purchase of a smartphone.. [emoji1]

Sent from my ZUK Z1 using Tapatalk

Yes. But some phones doesn't have 3.5 mm Jack but only USB C port. My first 3 questions are belongs to that case.

I recently got a pair of Le Eco USB type C earphones..Works very well with Zuk Z1 and Zuk Z2 plus mobiles..

I also got an adaptor, USB A male to USB C female with an idea to use the earphones with Win 7 64bit laptop for skype calls..

04247d697ecb14a92224c07f2c627b1d.jpg

When I connect it to laptop, there is a small LED light that glows on the earphones..It is detected by windows..

c36d21f8aa729837c5d7c1b8724ae1ce.jpg

However when it is plugged to windows, Win 7 couldn't install the driver for this earphones..

b4abcf4ce72c6499eaedfdab749a5d9f.jpg

When tried looking for a solution, found this earphone to have Savi audio SA9302 chip..

Tried to look for drivers, downloaded few links and tried.. Nothing works...

The device manager in windows still shows an exclamatory mark after this device..

Any help to make these work with Windows 7 64bit, would be great..

Have been using USB C type phone for a few months now and absolutely no problems.
The USB C is used mainly for charging and data transfer.

For audio I use my earphones connected via a separate headphone jack though.
No need to worry about it ... unless there is something I have missed in your post.

Plenty of options on Ebay and Amazon for cables and other accessories.

Regards

Last edited:
Moto G4plus has micro-usb and standard headphone jack.

If I were to choose, I would stay away from phones without standard headphone jack! But if you buy a phone without it, you can buy a bluetooth headphone for listening to music while charging or using OTG.

If I were to choose, I would stay away from phones without standard headphone jack!

An USB Type-C earphone has a DAC + ear phones integrated + draws power from host device (mobile).. Which gives you the flexibility of buying in-expensive mobile with USB type-C port pair with any (better) USB type-c earphones..Your phone is now as good as a DAP or even better :)..

I

b4abcf4ce72c6499eaedfdab749a5d9f.jpg

When tried looking for a solution, found this earphone to have Savi audio SA9302 chip..

Tried to look for drivers, downloaded few links and tried.. Nothing works...

The device manager in windows still shows an exclamatory mark after this device..

Any help to make these work with Windows 7 64bit, would be great..

tried these ?

CEC PRODUCTS

oh the file doesn't download or the driver doesn't work.

one more option you can try are with this one https://www.driveridentifier.com/scan/bravo-hd-hs-usb-audio/download/842514684/694F3E30E4064A23B61848690B399116/USB%5CClass_01

Am able to download the drivers from different links, installed & restarted my PC, but the earphones for some strange isn't getting detected by windows 7..

Same with the link you have share here..

i think the earphones are USB 2.0.. If it was USB 1.0, it wouldn't have had any issues..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back