Using pre out of AVR

captainrizal

Hi guys,
can I use pre amp out of one AVR to another old AVR to add more speakers? I have Marantz SR5011 which has 5.2.1 speaker set up. I want to add 2 more speakers using pre out of SR 5011 to another Marantz AVR SR5007. Is it possible? Has anyone done it?
TIA

I have Marantz SR5011 which has 5.2.1 speaker set up. I want to add 2 more speakers using
Are u referring as 5.1.2 / 5.2.1 can u clarify which setup u own ?
can I use pre amp out of one AVR to another old AVR to add more speakers?
Possible and your preout will work similar to main setup ( SR5011).
I want to add 2 more speakers using pre out of SR 5011 to another Marantz AVR SR5007. Is it possible?
Which additional speakers you want to add ? is it same config like u are already runing thru 5011 ?

Last edited:
Hi guys,
can I use pre amp out of one AVR to another old AVR to add more speakers? I have Marantz SR5011 which has 5.2.1 speaker set up. I want to add 2 more speakers using pre out of SR 5011 to another Marantz AVR SR5007. Is it possible? Has anyone done it?
TIA
you can use other avr as a power amp, but expect it to add channels. Like if AVR1 and AVR2 are both 7.2ch. So, If you connect both avr via preout, still whole setup will be 7.2, not 14.4.

I think that is what you asked.

Hi guys,
TIA
You better add HT Bypass, connect another 2 channel stereo amplifier if you have any amp.
once you give input to another avr, it will distribute the input signal to all channels based on your selection of sound mode.

The second avr will amplify the signal you feed it. Does the first receiver have preout for the channels not getting amplified by it?

MaSh

The maximum speakers you can configure while keeping 5011 as main AVR is 7 and therefore probably you can only have either 5.1.2 OR 7.1 configuration. All your channels are powered already and at best what you could do is add a Power Amplifier with 5011 to better power the speakers but you can not add more channels beyond a total of 7.

Last edited:
Not for amplifying. The first receiver is good enough to drive 7.2. I want to add 2 more speakers.
Then what's the point? The second receiver cannot add additional channels to the chain. The first receiver which is doing the decoding determines the number of channels in the system.

MaSh

The maximum speakers you can configure while keeping 5011 as main AVR is 7 and therefore probably you can only have either 5.1.2 OR 7.1 configuration. All your channels are powered already and at best what you could do is add a Power Amplifier with 5011 to better power the speakers but you can not add more channels beyond a total of 7.
Thanks Ankit. Will upgrade to 9.2 channel AVR later if required.

How do you do that? And what’s the use of it?
It’s very easy, Connect pre-out of AVR let it be FR and FL to integrated amplifier input through Main-in or line in (volume to set at 12 o clock).

Following are advantage of ht bypass.

1. Use the same speaker set for both AVR and integrated amplifier. In case you want to use the same speaker set

2. Enhance the signals through amplifier to HT set up

3. Adding one more speaker set to existing HT set up

Currently I’m using the ht bypass set up.

How do you do that? And what’s the use of it?
This suggestion may not be useful for you since u are planning to use one more *AVR* for additional speakers.
@Haribabu suggestion is for using AVR preout to drive FR &FL through IA( not with AVR) with ht bypass option.
I believe SR5007 does not have HT Bypass option as it is multi channel AVR.
Ht bypass option is available starting from upper midrange IA.

It is possible to make 7.2.2 / 9.2 channels configurations with the help of two 7 channels avrs. You need to have BDP with dual HDMI out. In this case the main avr will be configured as 5.2.2 and second avr in 7.2 mode. Now connect speakers to 5.2.2 mode avr and additional ( surround back) two speakers to surround back channels of Second avr. Now your main avr will drive 5.2.2. Speakers and Second avr will drive only 6&7th channels ( surround back).
If dual HDMI out BDP is not available then optical out of TV may be connected to Optical input of second avr. I have not tried it but you may explore. I have two avrs with me and few months back, I have tried to explore this option but couldn't complete it due to time constraints and other assignment . As I am more interested in music then movies, I have not taken it seriously as I am happy in 5.2.2. I have dual HDMI out Pioneer BDP-450 blu ray player so it was easily possible in my case. Hope this may help you....

It’s very easy, Connect pre-out of AVR let it be FR and FL to integrated amplifier input through Main-in or line in (volume to set at 12 o clock).

1. Use the same speaker set for both AVR and integrated amplifier. In case you want to use the same speaker set

Currently I’m using the ht bypass set

Currently I’m using the ht bypass set up.i

How do you add more speakers? This basically bypasses HT system from stereo to use same speakers.

It is possible to make 7.2.2 / 9.2 channels configurations with the help of two 7 channels avrs. You need to have BDP with dual HDMI out. In this case the main avr will be configured as 5.2.2 and second avr in 7.2 mode. Now connect speakers to 5.2.2 mode avr and additional ( surround back) two speakers to surround back channels of Second avr. Now your main avr will drive 5.2.2. Speakers and Second avr will drive only 6&7th channels ( surround back).
If dual HDMI out BDP is not available then optical out of TV may be connected to Optical input of second avr. I have not tried it but you may explore. I have two avrs with me and few months back, I have tried to explore this option but couldn't complete it due to time constraints and other assignment . As I am more interested in music then movies, I have not taken it seriously as I am happy in 5.2.2. I have dual HDMI out Pioneer BDP-450 blu ray player so it was easily possible in my case. Hope this may help you....
Can you elaborate more on this one? I have Sony BDP but not sure about dual HDMI.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back