Using US Amps in India

Hello,
If I get a Amplifier from US which takes 120 Volt Powersupply, Can I use in India without any issue (with a step down to 120 volts)? Will the performance affect? If not, what are the best 120 Volt adapters I can buy for this purpose?

Hello,
If I get a Amplifier from US which takes 120 Volt Powersupply, Can I use in India without any issue (with a step down to 120 volts)? Will the performance affect? If not, what are the best 120 Volt adapters I can buy for this purpose?

This has been discussed before, please search and you will get more info. In a nutshell, this will not be an issue as long as you have a quality transformer.

I am presently running both my CDP and amps from US with the help of a step down transformer. As earlier said, just use a good quality voltage converter. The ferquency is not an issue since the signal gets converted to DC anyway at the entry point. Also, do check if your amp has a provision for switching to 220V input. Some have a simple switch or tapping system.

Anand this might sound very cheap suggestion but I had a discussion with Kathy at EMOTIVA for XPA - 5 and she said, thier AMP will be changed to 220 volts before shipping after thorough checking.

If you going 20north etc routes, online retailers routes etc I donno.

But if directly from manufacturer, they might help you out similarly. Pls check, this will save some money and give POM.:yahoo:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back