Using warfedale 220 bookshelf ,like to upgrade the speakers with more clarity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarfraz

Friends/Seniors- I am currently using warfedale 220 diamond bookshelf and 220C as a centre speaker along with marantz 1509. Would like to upgrade the bookshelf speakers. Needful to make the last choice and suggestions.

I have shortlisted warfedale 4.2 Evo

Friends/Seniors- I am currently using warfedale 220 diamond bookshelf and 220C as a centre speaker along with marantz 1509. Would like to upgrade the bookshelf speakers. Needful to make the last choice and suggestions.

If you're already happy with the Wharfedale sound signature, the Evo 4.2 will give you plenty on the detail front. Wharfedales make for a good pairing with Marantz and in my case, the Evo 4.2 pairs well with my PM6006 and SR6013!

Another speaker with even greater detail retrieval would be the Quad S2 but the sensitivity is too low for your amp i believe

If you're already happy with the Wharfedale sound signature, the Evo 4.2 will give you plenty on the detail front. Wharfedales make for a good pairing with Marantz and in my case, the Evo 4.2 pairs well with my PM6006 and SR6013!

Another speaker with even greater detail retrieval would be the Quad S2 but the sensitivity is too low for your amp i believe
Thank you for the input. Yes the 1509 might have the lesser capabilities to carry evo 4.2. Post two three years will update the receiver too. Could you also share some other speakers which gives super duper quality & details with superior sound ....

Thank you for the input. Yes the 1509 might have the lesser capabilities to carry evo 4.2. Post two three years will update the receiver too. Could you also share some other speakers which gives super duper quality & details with superior sound ....
Unfortunately, What really is "super duper" quality is budget as well as person dependent. On the detail retrieval front, I prefer the Quad over the Evo 4.2 but the latter is a better bet with your current amp as well as considering your familiarity with the wharfedale sound. It'll be difficult to do better than these on the detail retrieval front below 1L.

Unfortunately, What really is "super duper" quality is budget as well as person dependent. On the detail retrieval front, I prefer the Quad over the Evo 4.2 but the latter is a better bet with your current amp as well as considering your familiarity with the wharfedale sound. It'll be difficult to do better than these on the detail retrieval front below 1L.
Yes true. Personal preference is the important. I think I will go with the evo instead of trying new stuff....

Yes true. Personal preference is the important. I think I will go with the evo instead of trying new stuff....
A point of note would be that if you want to stick to the most familiar, the Wharfedale 12.2s are also a good bet since they'll be more akin to the 220Ds than the Evo 4.2s. The Evo 4.2s are a more challenging combination to get right though they generally play well with Marantz as averred to in my earlier post.

The best bet would be to go audition both speakers before taking the plunge.

A point of note would be that if you want to stick to the most familiar, the Wharfedale 12.2s are also a good bet since they'll be more akin to the 220Ds than the Evo 4.2s. The Evo 4.2s are a more challenging combination to get right though they generally play well with Marantz as averred to in my earlier post.

The best bet would be to go audition both speakers before taking the plunge.
Thanks for the quick real help.

Audition is key before making any finalised purchases. If you like Wharfedale sound signature then makes sense to stick to that brand. I have experimented and used a wide variety of speakers from local to real branded ones available in the market. Marantz seems to pair well with most of the brands I have tried.

The 4.2 Evos are good!

For those with budget constraints, there are a lot of good speakers available over OLX like B&Ws, Miccas, Bose (Bookshelf) etc.

Audition is key before making any finalised purchases. If you like Wharfedale sound signature then makes sense to stick to that brand. I have experimented and used a wide variety of speakers from local to real branded ones available in the market. Marantz seems to pair well with most of the brands I have tried.

The 4.2 Evos are good!

For those with budget constraints, there are a lot of good speakers available over OLX like B&Ws, Miccas, Bose (Bookshelf) etc.
Yes ,I was also checking for b&w 602 series as consideration. Could anyone pl suggest if this speakers are equally providing the desired output. Also, where exactly this speakers are available with what price range.

I have the Wharfedale D225 and Quad S2. The Quad S2 is definitely a upgrade over the D225. Sensitivity-wise, they are both the same. You will have to try and listen to them before you buy them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back