valve amplifiers

mekr

i wish to move from my hybrid integerated amplifier to valve amp,preferably 845 SET for their full spectrum of music,but non SET like shindo,yamamoto,Komuro ,wavacs, leben 600 and 660 have been rated as some of the best amps.let valve amp owners relate their experience with the valve sound which valve amps are available in India

Cadence Canasya. The only valve amp I know off that uses 4 x 845's per monoblock. I have not had any personal experience with it, but friends who have say it's among the best valve amps in the world. And proudly Made in India!

Cadence Canasya. The only valve amp I know off that uses 4 x 845's per monoblock. I have not had any personal experience with it, but friends who have say it's among the best valve amps in the world. And proudly Made in India!

Awedeophile, mekr has started two threads on the same topic, and there has been discussion on Cadence in the other thread.

Cheers

Funny you should mention that mekr. I'm on the lookout for a good hybrid design myself! Which amp do you currently own?

shahrukh,i am using hybrid UNICo by unison research ,italy,recomended as 10 best amps for 2004 by stereophile,and also highly rated by 6moons.com,i want to sell it and expecting Rs.65000. very good condition original box packing and manual with beautiful remote,it is 80wpc of beautiful delicate and resolving sound,as my speakers are best suited for valves i would like to enjoy valve imaging.if interested you can call +91 9967755455, +91 (0)22 26002004

mekr:

Take a look at Lyrita Audio in Delhi. He is an Indian manufacturer who makes tube based pre and power amplifiers. Some of our members are using his amps, and they speak very warmly about it.

there is also a detailed review of Lyrita by Kamal and you can read that at http://www.hifivision.com/reviews/1477-lyrita-audio-n-delhi.html

Cheers

Venkatcr, Rethm speakers have been rated as world best , even i had a talk with viren of Lyrita,Delhi,i would love to hear these systems but they do not have any dealer in Mumbai,i have to go all the way to delhi or cochin to hear their systems,though on the web Lyrita audio seems to be having products similar looking to products from all over the world even speakers are like cain and cain.but then to auditioning them is very difficult.
cheers

If anyone wishes to hear the Rethm Saadhana speakers in Mumbai, they are most welcome to come home. You could send me a mail. They are driven by 845 SET monoblocs

Mekr, Plz ask Viren of Lyrita for contact details of an owner in Mumbai who would be willing to let you do an audition.
Hearing a system with your own ears & music is crucial.

kamal,i have a lot of suggestions on SET amps,but uptil now i have not heard any amp,so you are right,before going for a change in amp,i would hve loved to audition a valve amp in my system
Living Voice IBR-X2 speakers 92db
Resolution Audio Opus CD 21 player
UNICO hybrid integerated 80wpc
kondo copper speaker cable
analysis plus silver oval interconnects

If anyone wishes to hear the Rethm Saadhana speakers in Mumbai, they are most welcome to come home. You could send me a mail. They are driven by 845 SET monoblocs

Just curious what 845 SET are you using? 'Saadhna' is very particular about placement , what is your experience? Also heard that 'Saadhna' has too much of body resonance, finally at an exhibition / demo Jacob (designer , owner of Rethm ) padded 'Saadhna's body with acoustic panels! I have seen that picture , 6Moons If I remember correctly.

I use Dehavilland 845 Aries Monoblocs with their Mercury Linestage. The sides were padded, not for body resonance, but to absorb high frequency radiation. As far as placement goes, they need a lot of breathing space but they are not very difficult to place. Its not that they do not sound good when pushed closer to the back wall but 4-5 ft from the backwall, their soundstaging capabilities really come to the fore. Incidentally they are not very sensitive to side walls. Mine are just a feet away.

MEKR, you have a very nice system. Where did you buy the Living Voice speakers from?

Thanks Prem. I was considering Rethm products and was in touch with Jacob (What a nice guy to deal with!) but couldn't buy because of space and budget constraints. However keeping an eye on any pre owned Rethm gear.

SUhas

I use Dehavilland 845 Aries Monoblocs with their Mercury Linestage. The sides were padded, not for body resonance, but to absorb high frequency radiation. As far as placement goes, they need a lot of breathing space but they are not very difficult to place. Its not that they do not sound good when pushed closer to the back wall but 4-5 ft from the backwall, their soundstaging capabilities really come to the fore. Incidentally they are not very sensitive to side walls. Mine are just a feet away.

have a heard a lot about the DeHavilland. was considering the Ultra Verve preamp once. how did you procure them ?

Jeff Day from 6moons.com had recommended Leben CS600 and second option Dehavilland to me personally,it is very sad that hifi like this we cannot hear in india,being a small market nobody imports them

In fact i was very keen on Leben but was not getting any response from the manufacturer. On the other hand the Dehavilland guys were very forthcoming and responded to all my queries. So i felt more comfortable with Dehavilland since i was confident of their after sales service. And till today they have not let me down. I am very happy with the sound of the Havillands.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back