Velodyne Impact 12 Mk2 Sub-woofer

Silentpro

Hello ,
I have Purchased Velodyne Impact 12 Mk2 Sub-woofer for my AVR , is this enough to fill my large living space ?
Earlier I had JAMO Sub250 which was 8inch woofer driver .. so upgrading to 12inch driver gives difference with Deep BASS?
Also Impact 12 seems they have 275 peak watts :( so watts matter here or 12inch > ?

Since you already have the subwoofer you are in the best position to answer those questions. That sub isn't lacking in either woofer size or power, it's upto you now to integrate it properly.

Hello ,
I have Purchased Velodyne Impact 12 Mk2 Sub-woofer for my AVR , is this enough to fill my large living space ?
Earlier I had JAMO Sub250 which was 8inch woofer driver .. so upgrading to 12inch driver gives difference with Deep BASS?
Also Impact 12 seems they have 275 peak watts :( so watts matter here or 12inch > ?

Congrats on your purchase.....definitely it will be a huge change for you.

Set it up well and you are sorted out. Most use subwoofers to fill the missing frequencies which the front speakers lack or cant deliver...some like to rattle the place like a club and hence love bass...it all depends on what kind of bass you are looking for.

Setting it up and placing the sub will matter and so will the adjustments in the AVR to integrate well. Usually a Velodyne sub can fill a space of 500/600 sq ft with decent bass. Velodyne is one of the oldest companies in the subwoofer business and you will not be disappointed.

Read the manual well, you will need to hook up the sub and give it time to settle in. Usually integration takes time and effort. The sub needs to be used for 20 to 50 hours for optimal performance.

All the best!

Hello ,
How big is your room ?
Both matter depending on the sub design and i assume you checked on the ability to produce the lowest freq with the dealer ?

How big is your room ?
Both matter depending on the sub design and i assume you checked on the ability to produce the lowest freq with the dealer ?
Since I have checked through video call . I don hav much idea on that . Reviews says good option with my budget. Since it was a long distance I could go there to check.. it's in transit . Let's see how it works to my living hall .
Area is 18×20 feet

18x20 should be fine but do pay a lot of attention to the placement and after that the Phase, crossover and volume.

I think that the Velodyne Impact 12 Mk2 should work decently in your room. I have it's bigger brother the Velodyne EQ Max 15 and I honestly think that it is an overkill for my 26 by 10 room which opens into another 26 by 10 dining and kitchen.

I think that the Velodyne Impact 12 Mk2 should work decently in your room. I have it's bigger brother the Velodyne EQ Max 15 and I honestly think that it is an overkill for my 26 by 10 room which opens into another 26 by 10 dining and kitchen.
Awesome..
Let me see how it works.. it's still on the way .

Hello ,
It’s almost 2 years and is the performance satisfactory?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back