Velodyne Subwoofer stopped working

forever.pramod

My Velodyne Impact 10 subwoofer suddenly stopped working suddenly and i found there is no power supply. As it's out of warranty, i opened it and didn't find any burnt like component inside. Tried changing the power cable and confirmed that the issue is with subwoofer only. DId anyone face the same issue, what will be repair cost (in case the whole PCB component needs replacement)

My Velodyne Impact 10 subwoofer suddenly stopped working suddenly and i found there is no power supply. As it's out of warranty, i opened it and didn't find any burnt like component inside. Tried changing the power cable and confirmed that the issue is with subwoofer only. DId anyone face the same issue, what will be repair cost (in case the whole PCB component needs replacement)
Contact Velodyne first and take an approximate Idea of repair costs. If its too high (which is most likely), you can take it to a repair person and see if its repairable. You have to check step by step where the problem is. Is it with the power supply (Transformer or SMPS) or is it with the main amplifier board. It might be difficult to repair SMPS supply but if you know the rating it is easy to get same value transformer for it. If nothing works getting an external subwoofer amplifier will make your subwoofer work again.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back