VFM 40 incher

kneo

Need to recommend a 40 incher to a relative. Does not need smart features and source is a set top box. May not end up watching a lot of HD content at all.

Planning to recommend Vu via some Flipkart sale. It has a set of 40 inchers but there are different price points. Typically 40 inchers on FK start at 16K and goes up to 25-26K for non-smart TV. How good are these actually? A 40 incher for 20K is not a bad deal provided that it does the basics right.

I also want to recommend extended warranty. Does the FK warranty sound alright or do I recommend him a company warranty?

I bought BPL 40" model - BPL101D51H around six months ago and been very pleased with it not had issues with it at all. Its basically a re-badged Hisense TV (As far as I'm aware VU are re-badged Hisense as well).

Colours are good, picture quality on HD is very good, viewing angles also good, sound quality acceptable. SD not on par with Sony or Samsung but then you'd have pay double for those ones cause they have more advanced video processors.

I paid 20K and now its dropped to 17.5K and for that price it's very good value for money.

What about overall warranty and support? How does it compare to Vu TVs in general when it comes to reliability and support?

What about overall warranty and support? How does it compare to Vu TVs in general when it comes to reliability and support?
BPL is an established brand so support would be fine, installation was done same day as delivery. Warranty not sure maybe 1 year dunno?

Both VU and BPL are OEM'd through Hisense so reliability would be the same. At the end of the day go with whatever you're comfortable with. You're getting more or less the same electronics in any two similar priced models.

If you're able to stretch you're budget a little bit then the Xiaomi 43" is worth considering, TCL TV's are also worth looking at

Which is the parent company for Iffalcon? Sorry have been out of touch from the forum for a long time!

EDIT - Found out it's TCL.

Last edited:
Three of my relatives are using Vu for more than 2 years which was purchased from flipkart. IMO this tv has good PQ and good number of connectors. Does the job for its price. Why don't you wait till big billion day sale?

Tried getting the Vu 49 incher today during the sale. Flipkart is doing some really unethical practices. Till yesterday the price of this piece was around 26K and today when I was trying to check it out from the cart, the price increased to 31K! It's amazing how the whole sham of Big Billion is being advertised by Flipkart and in reality one would end up getting it at the same price without the sale too. Sad experience overall. Will wait for the sale to be over and then look for the best product on Amazon or some local stores.

Update - Finally managed to grab the deals after continuously trying for the better part of the day. It seems that one has to change the seller and try placing the order multiple times to get lucky.

I too purchased a Vu 40 inch for 15.5k without exchange but mistakenly chosen my official address instead of my home(Both are around 5km apart). when contacted flipkart, they refused to change address. Is there any option to change shipping address of order? Actually the seller delivers to both the addresses. I don't understand why both amazon and flipkart do not allow to change shipping address of an order.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back