usage : music/ gaming / movies
was looking at edifier s350db and logitech z906

any other alternatives ?

looking for best bang for buck speakers under 25k
speaker type either 2.1 or 5.1
usage : music/ gaming / movies
was looking at edifier s350db and logitech z906

any other alternatives ?
Are you looking for passive speakers or active speakers? If passive I’d suggest you go for the PSB Alpha P5s.

Are you looking for passive speakers or active speakers? If passive I’d suggest you go for the PSB Alpha P5s.

im a total noob when it comes to audio and speakers. do know the difference between passive and active speakers. im gonna search more about them

Active speakers are having inbuilt amplifier, most of the computer speakers, studio monitors etc. are active speakers. Passive speakers need an external amplifier to power them. The speakers you have shortlisted are active systems.

Hope this helps.

im a total noob when it comes to audio and speakers. do know the difference between passive and active speakers. im gonna search more about them
Yes, like the person above me has pointed out, active speakers can be plugged into power straightaway and you only need to connect your source to it whereas with passives you need to get an amplifier which powers the speaker and acts as input for your source..

Welcome to the world of hi-fi.
Its time to leave behind computer speakers and get some decent book shelf speakers and an amp. You can begin with Marantz pm5005, around 20k and mission lx 2 speakers. Other speakers to consider- Dali sensor1
Q Acoustics 3020i
Polk signature s20
Boston Acoustics A25,A26.
Let the journey begin

Welcome to the forum.
While Z906 is an excellent vfm product and offers performance, it's not quite a hifi product. As other have already suggested, go for a pair of decent speakers for a stereo setup. You can have a look at the following options.

https://hifimart.com/product/tannoy-eclipse-2-pair-html/

https://hifimart.com/product/mission-lx-2-bookshelf-speaker-pair/
+

https://hifimart.com/product/elac-debut-2-0-b5-2-speakers-pair-html/

https://avstore.in/collections/dali...nsor-1-bookshelf-speaker-black-ash-vinyl-pair

https://hifimart.com/product/q-acoustics-3020i-bookshelf-speakers-pair/

For all the options mentioned above, you might feel to talk to a hifi dealer in your city for a better price. Good luck!

at present i have F&D F6000 speakers.
how much of a difference will there be in sound quality when compared to any of the speakers you guys have mentioned here?

Day and night difference. They are what we call multimedia speakers or computer speakers and are ok for listening to compressed mp3 songs but for listening to higher quality music you need a decent stereo comprising an integrated amp and passive speakers. These can do justice to the quality source material like high resolution audio files, audio CD's, Vinyl records, high quality streaming (Spotify, gaana, youtube,Tidal subscriptions).For sonic pleasure you really need quality source and ordinary active speakers will not be able to reproduce the details and nuiances we all want to hear.

at present i have F&D F6000 speakers.
how much of a difference will there be in sound quality when compared to any of the speakers you guys have mentioned here?

I'd suggest you to visit a hifi dealer as and when possible to find out the differences. Quality can't be measured and is subjective. No matter how others explain, your pair of ears is the best judge!

You are in NCR. You have enough dealers in NCR and a lot of good options to audition speakers.

Go audition to convince yourself that the step up is actually something YOU value. I know folks who continue to swear by their computer speakers despite hearing very good audiophile speakers. If that is the case thank god that you will save a ton of money and just buy a pair of Swan, Edifier, etc and call it a day and focus on enjoying your music, games and movies.

If you find the audio quality worth it after your audition a good hifi setup post back here and all of us are here to help :)

Ps: A 5.1 system with non multimedia speakers within 25k is not going to be possible.

You are in NCR. You have enough dealers in NCR and a lot of good options to audition speakers.

Go audition to convince yourself that the step up is actually something YOU value. I know folks who continue to swear by their computer speakers despite hearing very good audiophile speakers. If that is the case thank god that you will save a ton of money and just buy a pair of Swan, Edifier, etc and call it a day and focus on enjoying your music, games and movies.

If you find the audio quality worth it after your audition a good hifi setup post back here and all of us are here to help :)

Ps: A 5.1 system with non multimedia speakers within 25k is not going to be possible.
Absolutely right. Go ahead with the audition and see if you really go the separates route.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back