Video: HiFi Enthusiasts

unleash_me

Thought it would be a good idea to have a single thread where all of us can chip in with the videos we can find online which relates to our common hobby.

Here are a few from my bookmarks -

YouTube - Greek Audiophile

YouTube - Marantz brand director Ken Ishiwata

YouTube - Peter Gabriel Interview

YouTube - JMLab Grande Utopia EM

YouTube - Kharma corporate video part 1

YouTube - Kharma corporate video part 2

YouTube - TRIAD FACTORY TOUR

YouTube - Dali Hi End Loudspeakers

Please do add if you have any...

Cheers.

JM Focal Labs Grande Utopia EM

UtopiaIII.jpg

Cheers.

Oh well, the whole idea of this thread was to find and share videos we can find online which relates to our common hobby. Assumed it would be Audio/Video stuff! Now cheap humor and funny men are taking their diggs :rolleyes: If only we could remove all the weeds...

hand-weeding.jpg

*Cheap humor removed by funny man, weed already smoked*

LOL. Glad you did take it in the right spirit!

The last time I smoked weed was during my weekend-drive-away to pondy in 08. Just a futile attempt to relive the good old college days.:cool:

LOL. Glad you did take it in the right spirit!

The last time I smoked weed was during my weekend-drive-away to pondy in 08. Just a futile attempt to relive the good old college days.:cool:

I'm just surprised you don't see the next logical progression in the series of links that were posted...:D

No comments regarding your weekend 'trips'. :cool:

Superb video unleash me, maybe this might convince some of the blind-testing skeptics around.

but then what occurred to me was this, blind testing does not take care of the expectation bias where the person expects stuff to sound the same. And that expectation bias, I am guessing, is as powerful as the expectation bias that stuff is supposed to sound different.

On the one hand the proponents of cables (or jars of pebbles) may be put through blind ABX tests and may be unable to make reliable differences, but at the same time a cable skeptic can do an ABX test and even if artificial audible distortion is introduced I would imagine that expectation bias would make him say that the cables sound the same.

So in order to test reliably you would need someone with no expectations, some random guy off the road, or even an audiophile, but who is not told what components are being tested, or what is being compared, it could be speakers, sources, amplifiers, or all three. I think only then can we possibly overcome all possible instances of expectation bias.

Glad to know that you enjoyed the video, inspite of it being a lengthy one. If you were patient enough to watch the whole thing, I'm sure there is a point or two you can take home.

I agree with your impressions. If you take a look at this rather unscientific test you will notice that the apparent differences are very minimal in nature. I'm currently using Chord Sig. IC and speaker cables and eventhough I have not yet compared them to my old IC3/SC5 or Wireworld Luna cables I have back home, I get a feeling that this one is better than those two. Now this could just be my perception (thanks to the difference in price :rolleyes: and the associated self justification!) or may be my current system/speakers are really capable enough to reveal the improvements; compared to my old PM/SC 15S1 and Ikon 6 combo. Hopefully, I might see some changes with experimenting with powercords as well - something I never used to believe in till now.

Plus, I want to believe what JJ was mentioning about human brain - you hear what you want to hear.

Eitherways, I'm liking what I hear and couldn't be happier!

Hi unleash,

If it's not too much outside the main theme of this forum, can you briefly mention why you want to reconsider your stand on power cords? The reason I am asking is a personal experience recently.

Regards.

Hello Asit. I have not really started experimenting with powercords yet. So far, it has always been the stock chords; sometimes even computer cords for that matter. In the above post, I was mentioning about ICs and speaker wires. I'm not very experienced in this regard, never been a believer. But end up collecting few over the years just because of perceived notions and deals that I couldn't ignore! Experienced members often talk about noticing differences once you reach a certain level in hifi. I'm not sure if I have reached any level as such but with my current setup I want to try. Hopefully within a month, I'll be able to audition few cdps (why god thread) and if found worthy, I might pick up one. But as of now, I'm more or less satisfied as far as my gears are concerned. So guess its time to try out powercords and see what the whole fuzz is all about.

I would love to know about your experiences in this regard.

Cheers.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back