Videocon d2h 4k upgrade

insane79

Hi Guys,

I m planning to upgrade my videocon d2h HD set top box to a 4k one from videocon, i want to know for the upgrade process do you have to change also the wiring & the dish? or only the set top box is changed? any insight would be great.

Thanks.

Is it really a 4K settop box? I doubt it as the one they used to sell as 3D settop box also was a SBS channel and not the true 3D. They are not able to transmit a true 1080p signal how can they transmit 4K signal at 2160p.

Is it really a 4K settop box? I doubt it as the one they used to sell as 3D settop box also was a SBS channel and not the true 3D. They are not able to transmit a true 1080p signal how can they transmit 4K signal at 2160p.

I have Videocon d2h 2222 box, the same 3D one.
When connected to a Samsung F6400 , TV info shows the input signal as 1080, but when the same box is connected to LG 55B6 OLED, TV info is showing input signal as 720p.

I had explicitly set the resolution as 1080i 60hz, still the tv shows the signal as 720p. Am I missing something?

Also I heard the 4K boxes are more of a future proof solutions, as there are hardly one or two true 4k channels, rest of them are just up-scaled to 4k?

I have Videocon d2h 2222 box, the same 3D one.
When connected to a Samsung F6400 , TV info shows the input signal as 1080, but when the same box is connected to LG 55B6 OLED, TV info is showing input signal as 720p.

I had explicitly set the resolution as 1080i 60hz, still the tv shows the signal as 720p. Am I missing something?

Also I heard the 4K boxes are more of a future proof solutions, as there are hardly one or two true 4k channels, rest of them are just up-scaled to 4k?

I think technically a 1080i 60hz signal is actually 720p but not sure. The 1080i is a gimmick that TV & settop box manufacturers came up with instead of saying 720p or HD ready.

update-
got the 4k box today & the same dish & wiring was used, thread can be locked now.

cheers.

Please keep it open and provide your valuable feedback on the 4K content. I think lots of members here will be interested to know.

update-
got the 4k box today & the same dish & wiring was used, thread can be locked now.

cheers.

Are they giving the RF remote with 4K box or the old style IR remote? One of the reason I did not upgrade my old black box is for the sake of IR remote as my Logitech universal remote does not work with RF. Hence only the additional connection box I upgraded to the white box.

I've heard that the 4k boxes use cisco UI and is much faster, responsive compared to old HD boxes. Could you please confirm this?
yes thats correct, super fast.

Are they giving the RF remote with 4K box or the old style IR remote? One of the reason I did not upgrade my old black box is for the sake of IR remote as my Logitech universal remote does not work with RF. Hence only the additional connection box I upgraded to the white box.

its infared & works with the lg & harmony remotes.

Also the link above says "The 4K Channel Service is temporarily unavailable" in between the highlights of the set top box. Not sure what is the use of the 4K set top box when not a single channel is being broadcast in 4K, at least they used to beam a 3D channel (SBS) when I brought their 3D box.

Also the link above says "The 4K Channel Service is temporarily unavailable" in between the highlights of the set top box. Not sure what is the use of the 4K set top box when not a single channel is being broadcast in 4K, at least they used to beam a 3D channel (SBS) when I brought their 3D box.

yes thee is no 4k channel, they useto have one called life4k but its not live now, shows coming soon, i bought it cause my HD box was dying & upgraded to this. If you stb is fine then no point upgrading for now atleast.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back