Videocon d2h HD USB recording model no. 2233

fourk

I recently brought Videocon d2h with USB recording model no. 2233

I tried 4 GB pen drive for recording, Its working fine with 2233.

But When I am going to use the same 4 GB pen drive with my Windows 7. It is showing alert for format the pen drive on windows 7 AND INSTEAD OF 3.7 GB, it is formatted with 75 MB Only. Looks like My Pen drive corrupted by Videocon STB Model. 2233. now it is showing 75 MB only on windows 7. and I again plug pen drive into 2233, It again format and showing the actual size on videocon 2233. but not showing actual size on windows 7.

Please help me, How Can I get actual size 3.7 gb on windows 7?

I am also planning to buy Sony or WD or Seagate 500 GB Hard Disk for 2233 for recording..

Please let me know which one should I buy.. By reading some thread on this forum, I came to know that, USB version should be 3 for External hard drive.

please let me know, If I will use 500 GB hard disk with 2233 and same will never use windows 7 in future?

You must be aware that the DTH box will format the drive using its own file format system which Windows does not support. So never use a drive with valuable data. After formatting these drives won't mount in Windows. To get back your lost usb space, use a tool like Easeus partion master and delete the partitions in the usb drive and format it. It is better to use a dedicated pen drive for the dth box. If you use a hard disk, I'm afraid it cannot be used for any other purpose unless you format it. The videos recorded in the drive is encrypted so it cannot be played in PC even if you somehow manage to mount the drive.

Thanks baijuxavior

Just want to know, 500 GB or 1 TB, which will work best without any problem after 80% recorded By Videocon d2h HD USB recording model no. 2233 ?

As there is not much price difference between 500 GB and 1 TB.

Thanks,
Fourk

Can anybody please help me understand below things.

1. HDD detection capacity ? 500 GB or 1 TB or both?
2. any particular brand and any particular configuration require for HDD?
3. if I attached HDD with 2233 model for 24 X 7 then what is maximum HDD temperature will be go?. as HDD can able handle temperature up to 55 degree.

1. HDD detection capacity ? 500 GB or 1 TB or both? Both.
2. any particular brand and any particular configuration require for HDD? No, all the major brands will do. Preferred is something like WD Green
3. if I attached HDD with 2233 model for 24 X 7 then what is maximum HDD temperature will be go?. as HDD can able handle temperature up to 55 degree. Don't keep it inside a cabinet. If there is enough ventilation it will be fine.[/QUOTE]

Answers in bold.

Thanks ranjeetrain,

I unable to find any green WD external drive online. It is mostly available with internal drive only. if you have url for external green drive or any lower power consumption. please share.

1. HDD detection capacity ? 500 GB or 1 TB or both? Both.
2. any particular brand and any particular configuration require for HDD? No, all the major brands will do. Preferred is something like WD Green
3. if I attached HDD with 2233 model for 24 X 7 then what is maximum HDD temperature will be go?. as HDD can able handle temperature up to 55 degree. Don't keep it inside a cabinet. If there is enough ventilation it will be fine.

Answers in bold.[/QUOTE]

Brought 1 TB HDD USB 3.0 WD brand. 2233 detect it and start formatting but after one hour, it was failed to format with error.

good,The videos recorded in the drive is encrypted so it cannot be played in PC even if you somehow manage to mount the drive.
nqpSam

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back