Viewsonic W500 -LED PJ??

Yea - bought the ZD201.

Well, the difference is 98% vs. 100%. The ZD201 are a bit lighter and easy on the eyes even after 3-4 hrs - the no-brand ones are a little heavy and good for 2-2.5 hrs at a stretch. In terms of picture quality - no real difference (to me and wife atleast).

One tip: if you go for the no brand ones - go for the NON-rechargeable ones. That way you dont have to worry about what kind of cheap battery have they put in there (in the rechargeable ones) and if the internal battery dies, you're out of luck.
I just Bought some cheap batteries for the non-rechargeable ones and have used them for about 19 hr each - so far so good (rs. 15 or so for a battery)

The consensus on a lot of different forums/amazon seems to be that $30 glasses can easily be as good as $120 ones - what you end up paying for is the brand and assurance that comes with it. The trick ofcourse, is to find the right cheap glasses. I usually just follow the reviews on various forums.

Well, I already got the ZD201s, though yet to try them as I am still waiting for the PJ. A couple of people had mentioned that they were more color neutral than others.

Well, I already got the ZD201s, though yet to try them as I am still waiting for the PJ. A couple of people had mentioned that they were more color neutral than others.

Perhaps. Color perception is really a highly subjective topic. I don't see any rainbows, and thats all some people see.

For me, the picture quality difference between normal glasses and ZD201 is not worth the $80 difference. Heck, I can't even see much difference most of the time. Its only in the very very dark scenes, the ZD201 glasses are still quite bright whereas the unbranded glasses ones are simply good enough.

Saket, For movies I will suggest that even 500 lumens will be low. If you are ready to spend 50K approx. Buy a serious projector. You are buying LED for Lamp life but whats the point if your purpose of enjoying movies is not achieved. Go for something like Epson TW 480 / Viewsonic 6553W./ Epson W 12. Pleasetake the Demo of LED projector and you wil realise.Also from practical experience I can say that the normal Projector will at least work for 5 years for you and when the time for Lamp change will come . Believe me you will change the Projector.

Thanks ProjectorGuru...I have asked the Benq dealer in the city for a demo. Prob will get it in 5-6 days at least due to non-availability of the pj stock currently. Even I am in no hurry because the expenditure will be high, so dont want to take a decision that I may regret later.:)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back