Viewsonic W500 -LED PJ??

Saket

Hello FMs,

Few more days of research & analysis, & some increased budget, now I am contemplating the prospects of buying Viewsonic PLED W500 pj. Its a 500 lumens LED pj with 6000:1 contrast ratio priced around the 50K mark. Specs wise looks good to me...but does it appeal to you experts?

Please let me know this model compared to Dell M110 pj which I was originally planning to buy. As the price is significantly more, tell me if its worthy to spend about 20K more on this pj. My watching will mostly be at night so ambience light is not concerned. How much difference is there in the picture quality. I do not have the option to audition it.

Thanks,
Saket

Last edited:
Specs wise the Viewsonic PLED W500 seems very similar to K330.

I suspect all the vendors use the same basic components but market it differently based on their brand image/name..

If your usage is in night then 300 Lumens is good enough, now that you are planning to increase the budget you will have more options and get more confused!:eek:hyeah:

EDIT: There is a lot more info on this compared to Acer, for eg: checkout http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/review/2135296/viewsonic-pled-w500-projector-review/page/2

Last edited:
TMA, I believe you have seen the output of K-130 at your friend's place. Dell has similar brightness so I am asking you this...is the brightness of 300 lumens good enough to watch movies? My viewing is strictly @ night only.
I really do not want to shell out 20K extra just for 200 lumens of extra light! That will be huge dent on my a/c!

Also let me know if Indiaplaza.com is a respected site for shopping?

Thanks,
Saket

TMA, I believe you have seen the output of K-130 at your friend's place. Dell has similar brightness so I am asking you this...is the brightness of 300 lumens good enough to watch movies? My viewing is strictly @ night only.
I really do not want to shell out 20K extra just for 200 lumens of extra light! That will be huge dent on my a/c!

Also let me know if Indiaplaza.com is a respected site for shopping?

Thanks,
Saket

200 lumens won't make that much of a difference if you'll be using it in a dark room - 99.9% of LED projectors are mostly for dark/semi-dark rooms anyway. Certainly not worth the 20k difference

Steer Clear of Indiaplaza.com for expensive purchases, unless you're willing to wait a couple of months and love to start your day with 'is my money lost?' thoughts

Last edited:
@Saket: I have seen K130 and am planning to get one myself. I find it good enough in a darkened environment, especially for that price.

My view is that the 300 lumens of k130 is pretty bright in the night with no additional ambient light in a 13'x16' room with seating at around 12-14'.

K130 outputs very good 90-100" HD video with good color and contrast.
Only drawbacks I see are
- the black/very dark scenes look a little washed out (as compared to the TV) and lack detail but its not that significant..
- It has a propriety VGA cable which may be difficult to replace if broken.

Later read some really horrible reviews & complains about them..indiaplaza.
Guys, you know how frustating it is to keep looking for 2 models that you know that you are willing to purchase but you have no sellers???!! its somwthing like::

Last edited:
Not intending to hijack the thread, buy even I am going through a similar dilemma!! :sad:
I am planning to buy K330 but looking at others' replies, I am wondering if I should save some money by buying K130 or Dell M110.

Not intending to hijack the thread, buy even I am going through a similar dilemma!! :sad:
I am planning to buy K330 but looking at others' replies, I am wondering if I should save some money by buying K130 or Dell M110.

I can very well identify with this situation but at least you have 'SELLERS' at your place and you have 3 options...I have none!:sad:
So its wither flipkart for me or some acquaintance in b'lore or chennai.
Lets see!
If I were you, & the difference b/w K130 & Dell 110 was not much (dell would be cheaper) I would have gone for 130 as dell does NOT offer a remote with this. Plus acer has a wall colour feature which may be useful for other than white walls, though to an extent.

Saket

I....at least you have 'SELLERS' at your place and you have 3 options...
Saket

I have only as many options as you!! I had talked to Acer people and dealer has quoted 37k with taxes for K130 and 44k with taxes for K330. As for Dell M110, I haven't checked with dell but hope that I would get it for around 30k.

I have only as many options as you!! I had talked to Acer people and dealer has quoted 37k with taxes for K130 and 44k with taxes for K330. As for Dell M110, I haven't checked with dell but hope that I would get it for around 30k.

Thats a decent price for Acer K330 - though Amazon.de has it for 40k inclusive of customs and shipping with a 2-yr warranty. But i guess you wanted the indian warranty. Nevertheless, this might help the people with 'no options'
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B005O0CEZK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

Ps. i ordered my projector through Amazon - brilliant everything from beginning to end. even got 40% of my custom duties refunded to me. :yahoo:

Last edited:
Ps. i ordered my projector through Amazon - brilliant everything from beginning to end. even got 40% of my custom duties refunded to me. :yahoo:

Which projector you are using? I have a friend in Chennai who will be coming here next week, via Kolkata. I have asked him to get a quote from chennai dealers, probably if suits me, I will ask to carry one for me from there.

Which projector you are using? I have a friend in Chennai who will be coming here next week, via Kolkata. I have asked him to get a quote from chennai dealers, probably if suits me, I will ask to carry one for me from there.

I am using an Optoma GT750E

Thats it:clapping: Good price too.

Where did you get the glasses from? I really want to experience 3d..no luck so far

Ended up getting 2 no-brand pairs from ebay - 2 branded pairs from amazon.

Did some research and these no-brand ones work the best:

2 Pairs 3D DLP Link Glasses for Optoma HD33 HD36 HD65 HD66 HD5101 Projector New | eBay

Ask the guy before buying and for $35 - he'll Fedex it to you - reaches in 3 days flat! Surprisingly I cant make out any difference between the Optoma ZD201 and these ones. Not gonna spend a fortune on expensive glasses anymore. Its a rip-off to pay $120 for ONE pair of glasses

Ended up getting 2 no-brand pairs from ebay - 2 branded pairs from amazon.

Did some research and these no-brand ones work the best:

2 Pairs 3D DLP Link Glasses for Optoma HD33 HD36 HD65 HD66 HD5101 Projector New | eBay

Ask the guy before buying and for $35 - he'll Fedex it to you - reaches in 3 days flat! Surprisingly I cant make out any difference between the Optoma ZD201 and these ones. Not gonna spend a fortune on expensive glasses anymore. Its a rip-off to pay $120 for ONE pair of glasses

Have you used both? I would be surprised if these no named ones are better than ZD201s, at least they are considered best by most.

Have you used both? I would be surprised if these no named ones are better than ZD201s, at least they are considered best by most.

Yea - bought the ZD201.

Well, the difference is 98% vs. 100%. The ZD201 are a bit lighter and easy on the eyes even after 3-4 hrs - the no-brand ones are a little heavy and good for 2-2.5 hrs at a stretch. In terms of picture quality - no real difference (to me and wife atleast).

One tip: if you go for the no brand ones - go for the NON-rechargeable ones. That way you dont have to worry about what kind of cheap battery have they put in there (in the rechargeable ones) and if the internal battery dies, you're out of luck.
I just Bought some cheap batteries for the non-rechargeable ones and have used them for about 19 hr each - so far so good (rs. 15 or so for a battery)

The consensus on a lot of different forums/amazon seems to be that $30 glasses can easily be as good as $120 ones - what you end up paying for is the brand and assurance that comes with it. The trick ofcourse, is to find the right cheap glasses. I usually just follow the reviews on various forums.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back