Vintage Car Stereo Amplifier

ShantaramChari

Interest of me in audio and electronics plus in speakers due to my Dad has always kept my hands in Diy stuffs. Dad having an unbelievable knowledge about electronics taught me many things practically which I don't even find in Google too. My age is 18 and from age 12 I started having interest in audio too. When lockdown started, due to my college being online as well as my dad being at home he gave me many audio amplifier, preamps, power amps, and many more circuits. Today he gave me a car amplifier circuit which was of Takara I guess which he had bought from Chor Bazar. I used my preamp and played a song on the car amplifier the sound was amazing. The amp consists of two IC (1 IC being mono so two for stereo), the IC was made by hitachi I know. Even the datasheet is not available on Google. I believe this IC to be around 5wpc since at that time audio was not fully developed like today. Huge thanks to my Dad to give me these vintage beauties. Will keep this circuits in my collection and would like to make a amplifier for myself to playe some decent speaker.

Seeing at that vintage amps and today's amps there is a huge big difference in audio as well as built quality too. Vintage amplifier were built to serve for decades of years and today's amplifier goes bad within 2-3 years.

Attaching 2 pics of the circuit. Hope anyone from the forum too has such amp

Attachments

• 20210617_214137.jpg
    20210617_214137.jpg
    918 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210617_214142.jpg
    20210617_214142.jpg
    998.9 KB · Views: 28
I was using until recently, a Kenwood KRC 479 cassette deck which came as OEM fitment with my Esteem VXI Limited Edition, purchased in 2003. The car is not with me anymore and the deck has been gifted to my brother. But when it was in use in the car, the sound was great with its matching rear Kenwood 6 inch full range speakers and in-dash 4 inch speakers.

kenwood.png

Last edited:
I was using until recently, a Kenwood KRC 479 cassette deck which came as OEM fitment with my Esteem VXI Limited Edition, purchased in 2003. The car is not with me anymore and the deck has been gifted to my brother. But when it was in use in the car, the sound was great with its matching rear Kenwood 6 inch full range speakers and in-dash 4 inch speakers.

View attachment 58398
I love these kind of stuffs. Vintage gear was a jewel and used to work awesome (better than today's system in sound)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back