Vintage gear in old Delhi

Dear kuruvilajacob,
The members of vinylengine.com (who are usually very knowledgeable) seem to think the Mk 2 is a better machine than Mk 1. (Details Turntable Forum • Technics Sl1200 Mk1 Versus Mk2).
I have read similar stuff on other websites/forums.
Cheers

Dear sir,
I went through the post on vinylengine. I had both SL 1200 original model (with TPA arm) and also Technics SL-1210 Mk3 GLD 3 (Very similar to MK2) . The original Mark I sounded much warmer than Mark III. Even on vinylengine, they have mentioned that Mark I is a completely different player meant for Transcription and for Hi-end domestic use to compete with the best European models of those days. The Quartz series developed later happened to be a success with DJs and audiophiles. You may find several Mark II and later models on ebay but hardly any SL1200 original for sale because those who have it will not part with it. Technically Mark II may be superior, but for sonics Mark I or original version is superior. If you doubt it, I can prove it if you ever come to my place.

Is it possible that the TPA arm is contributing positively to the sonics of the 1200 Mark I?

Yes, I am sure it could be a valid reason because it is so sensitive that it's so difficult to set weight on this arm. Which shows it is an excellent arm. It may not look impressive but it performs well

I have heard of Lakhwant Singh being overpriced too. A person I know who himself overcharges, said about Lakhwant, "Chamdi Udhed deta hai" (takes off your skin!!).

Thanks for sharing this mate! But thats the bitter truth with such dealers. Pity to see a 401 and the 1200s with such guys...They deserve better hands :indifferent14:

Ironically, you get such similar guys in every state!!! I know a few such dealers here in Bangalore who have no clue on what record players are and their prices for equipment which is close to pathetic are priced over the roof!! I met these dealers when I taking my first steps into Vinyl and instinctively noticed I was being close to getting conned, I backed out. That was the last I ever saw of them and never intend to see them ever again!!!

oh, who are those few dealers in Bangalore? Tell me so we can all avoid them!

only lakhwant singh is de four two zero in india....guys come on.... award goes to only LS??

He's the super star:)

You will find lesser stars in every city;)

'Buyer beware' strictly applies when buying vintage, simply because one is buying 2-3 decades old (or older) gear.

He's the super star:)

You will find lesser stars in every city;)

'Buyer beware' strictly applies when buying vintage, simply because one is buying 2-3 decades old (or older) gear.

Being a dealer I can say that for many experiences are mixed ....

Now one of the top end dealer in Mumbai one FM bought a top spec TT and Mint Jazz recors ,and he is very very happy ( I think same FM picked a premium Pre Amp

Same dealer sold totally rubbish cadence electrostats to another FM and FM had to spend considerable amount to replace the panels....:mad::mad:

So one man's food is other man's poison !

Also onew FM told me that he was sold Sansui AU -3XX as BEST SANSUI AMP OF THIS KIND IN INDIA !! Now I knew amp mentioned and I can claim I have sold amp in better condition. Now how come this claim was made ?? How come ? India I feel is big country and is the seller conducted any survey of all Sansui AU -3XX arrived here ( I have seen 1-15 in last 1-12 years , teheir relative condition after 30 years , how each one deteriorated and then this self proclaim award!

BTW the seller was not a dealer!

Enough said!

Being a dealer I can say that for many experiences are mixed ....

Now one of the top end dealer in Mumbai one FM bought a top spec TT and Mint Jazz recors ,and he is very very happy ( I think same FM picked a premium Pre Amp

Same dealer sold totally rubbish cadence electrostats to another FM and FM had to spend considerable amount to replace the panels....:mad::mad:

So one man's food is other man's poison !

Also onew FM told me that he was sold Sansui AU -3XX as BEST SANSUI AMP OF THIS KIND IN INDIA !! Now I knew amp mentioned and I can claim I have sold amp in better condition. Now how come this claim was made ?? How come ? India I feel is big country and is the seller conducted any survey of all Sansui AU -3XX arrived here ( I have seen 1-15 in last 1-12 years , teheir relative condition after 30 years , how each one deteriorated and then this self proclaim award!

BTW the seller was not a dealer!

Enough said!

sir i liked ur qutation-So one man's food is other man's poison !:)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back