I had some questions for people here who prefer turntables that are vintage. I happen to know only Prem and Arj who are deep into vintage rebuilds. Few points listed below. Would love your thoughts about them. I would really appreciate thoughts from people who have really gone through the journey themselves.
- Are they technologically superior ?
- Do they offer something that the newer decks do not do ?
- Let’s say your music spans a wide genre and 80 percent of that music is mostly produced in the west. Rock, Jazz, Western classical, Folk etc. Is vintage rebuild a good choice
- What did you explore and why did you choose to go the vintage route ?
- What do you lose if you buy popular choices like vpi prime scout / classic, Linn sontek, Rega P6 ?