Viren Bakshi visted me yesterday....

shaizada

One word....

"WOW"

Many times, reading about a person or his work leaves a LOT things that we miss out upon. Like a picture says a thousand words, an interaction with a person flows like a river of a billion words.

Basically, I cannot begin to describe the humbleness, the knowledge, the gentle kindness that emanates from this persons presence. He is a music lover in the truest of senses and we enjoyed listening to music like there was no tomorrow.

We listened to digital and stuck with spinning vinyl for 80% of the time. We played tons of Jazz and Blues and both of us were in our element. We both have a strong love for both these genres and it was such a pleasure sharing it.

We talked about audio, perceptions, branding, music and all such philosophies dear to us. Even my father joined in at one point to discuss how life was 30 years ago in Delhi, and life over there now. He was born and brought up in Delhi so "dilli" is extremely close to his heart. He moved to Australia with my mother when he was 22 or so (he married young), but his heart always belonged to Delhi (as is mine). I was 8 years old when he moved our family back to Delhi from Melbourne, but I remember the joy he had when he went back to his beloved "watan". Viren's visit, although short, brought back a little of that happiness for him. It was unsaid, but I know my father and he was quite happy chatting with him. I finally had to cut the conversation short as Viren only had another 30 minutes before he had to leave.

Guys, from what I understand of this man, Viren Bakshi is a true asset to the audio community in Delhi. His "ear" for music, his relationship with all things musical and his personality is amazing. In my experience, there is no such thing as an audiophile. There are only music lovers with a drive to extract as much as possible from these materialistic electronics (an unfortunate necessity as it adds another "layer" we have to go through to sink into those musical experiences). Viren is DEFINITELY that music lover. :eek:

Hope he has a safe trip back to Delhi and I thank him for sharing some of his valuable time on this short trip with me in my audio element.

Hi Shaizada,

I have not had the good fortune of meeting Viren personally,but have had the pleasure of talking to him over the phone often.

Your discription of him is so true.The most striking aspect of Viren is his humility.

He is an asset to the entire audio community. :clapping:

Regards
Rajiv

Shaizada, Thanks for posting this experience. I'd heard Viren is in US, good that you could meet up. What you have said just reinstates what I have heard from others about him.
Knowledge and humility is a rare combination and its good to someone with those qualities amongst us.
I had the good fortune of experiencing Virens products and learning about the service practices of Lyrita recently and was truly impressed.(Thanks to Bala and Rajiv for that.)

Hope to meet Viren sometime.

Viren - when are you back to our watan? :)

Shaizada - you are so right about his humility. I suppose such humility can only stem from solid knowledge of things in the audio spectrum.

I believe Viren head's back to Delhi on July 4th. He is currently in Sequoia National Park enjoying the wilderness for 3 nights. He'll spend one more night with his son in Sunnyvale and head out to India from there.

This is the park he is at:
Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Park - Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

All said, I am now VERY VERY curious to hear Virens products and draw my own conclusions. Getting to interact with him gave me a chance to understand the designer behind the electronics. I really want to hear his speakers, preamp, amp...the works.

Definitely when I come to India...this will be a high priority for me.

Its true even though i am budding audiophile and non technical man his simple talking and polite answering moved me. His products should come down to south of india. All over north to south and east to west our proud indian product should be in a position to be auditioned for the new budding. RECENTLY I HAD A CHANCE OF ELABORATE AUDITIONING ONE VTT TUBE PRE AND MONO BLOCKS MADE IN KERALA. I HAVE AN IDEA OF WRITING A REVIEW ABOUT IT. IT MAKES ME TO SAY DONT FEEL SHY TO SAY THESE ARE ALL INDIAN PRODUCTS. IF THERE S POTENTIAL BUYERS OUR INDIAN AUDIO ENTHUSIAST WILL COME OUT IN FLYING COLOURS

Shaizada, Thanks for those detailed experience. it emanates the joy, exuberance and passion you possess.. do you have any snaps of that rendezvous?

RECENTLY I HAD A CHANCE OF ELABORATE AUDITIONING ONE VTT TUBE PRE AND MONO BLOCKS MADE IN KERALA..
Clearcut, Where did you audition this? I am from Kerala, I would also like to visit that place.

Shaizada, Thanks for those detailed experience. it emanates the joy, exuberance and passion you possess.. do you have any snaps of that rendezvous?

Clearcut, Where did you audition this? I am from Kerala, I would also like to visit that place.

We were having so much fun talking and listening to music, it didn't cross my mind to take pictures. I should have taken some and shared with my HFV brethren. Sorry guys! :eek:

very cool indeed shaizada,u got to meet a person who has single handedly ushered in a huge respect for tubes and single driver speakers in india,that too at the vfm end.the fact that there are so many converts using his products to experience listening on a different level on our forum bears testament to this.all the very best to him.cheers

am sure he must have been quite taken in with ur stunning setup ;)!!!

very cool indeed shaizada,u got to meet a person who has single handedly ushered in a huge respect for tubes and single driver speakers in india,that too at the vfm end.the fact that there are so many converts using his products to experience listening on a different level on our forum bears testament to this.all the very best to him.cheers

am sure he must have been quite taken in with ur stunning setup ;)!!!

He definitely did appreciate the effort that went into building the setup. He was very happy that I had found my "path" and "destination" early on in my musical life.

But only he can express his thoughts and what he felt about the music he heard at my place. This is a feeling that is best expressed by oneself. After all, it is his feelings and his reactions...only he can do justice to them :)

Hi,

It's good to be home in Delhi!

It was great visiting Shaizada in the outer LA area, and listening to his setup. He has one of the best sounding systems that I have heard! The sound was immediate, clear, and dynamic. It drew you in to the music; the equipment just got out of the way.

Not that you could visually ignore the equipment! The Omega speakers are quite large, and on tall stands. The room is not that large, so the speakers are quite prominent. But Shaizada has done a wonderful job taming and treating his room for good sound - an example of a smallish room made good. Another advantage of single driver speakers - you can listen relatively close because there are no driver integration problems.

I have to admire the amount of attention and dedication that Shaizada has put in to get where he is. It is no mean feat getting a system to sound this good. And system integration it is. And vinyl playback to top it all! Shaizada seems to know what he wants, and has already achieved it!

It was not only the sound, but getting to meet another passionate soul that was most heartening. So, the talk was not all about music, but other interests as well. All the best to him.

Regards,
Viren

Awesome !
I am sure you both had a lot of fun ! Music and sharing it with someone who share similar musical taste and philosophy of sound is something else !

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back