Virtual Speaker Demo

Vivek Batra

Hi

Just came across this article

Virtual Speaker Demo

Crutchfield now allows to compare different speakers and let you listen to them virtually. Though this might not give the exact feel we get while listing to speakers by being present physically. But still it can give some idea or when the demo is not available.

How this works

1. Select speakers to compare
2. Select your Headphone brand and model
3. Select a track from available tracks.
4. Pick volume level settings.
5. Play
5. Evaluate :)

Hope this helps people.

Last edited:
Hi

Just came across this article

Virtual Speaker Demo

Crutchfield now allows to compare different speakers and let you listen to them virtually. Though this might not give the exact feel we get while listing to speakers by being present physically. But still it can give some idea or when the demo is not available.

How this works

1. Select speakers to compare
2. Select your Headphone brand and model
3. Select a track from available tracks.
4. Pick volume level settings.
5. Play
5. Evaluate :)

Hope this helps people.
Hi Vivek, thanks for sharing. I tried with audioquest black and Sennheiser 380pro, which is also part of the Crutchfield kit. I’m getting a tinny and entirely different sound signature when tested with samples from WD, Klipsch and Polk. I tried both the options, equal power and equal volume, still it’s very much different. I don’t know what’s wrong with my setup. How was it for you? If this works, it would’ve been excellent :)

Hi Vivek, thanks for sharing. I tried with audioquest black and Sennheiser 380pro, which is also part of the Crutchfield kit. I’m getting a tinny and entirely different sound signature when tested with samples from WD, Klipsch and Polk. I tried both the options, equal power and equal volume, still it’s very much different. I don’t know what’s wrong with my setup. How was it for you? If this works, it would’ve been excellent :)
I was at work and gave this a try with very basic platronics headphones it sound same for all the speakers. Will try at home.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back