Voice Controlled Pi Streaming solution

Anand A

Hi All,
I’m currently using Chromecast Audio for my streaming music. One major benefit I have is with the ability control the volume through google assistant, esp when the missus gets super annoyed with ur loud songs and takes things into her voice;). Now, I happened to get a RPI 3 from a student and am thinking of building a Pi based audio streamer (Looking at the DigiOne HAT too, if I get one). My music is mostly online services. Spotify and Apple Music and don’t have any local music yet. One major concern with have is the support of voice commands on Pi streaming services. Is there any practical solutions out there? Are there simple enough instructions out there for people who are not ‘that’ tech savvy to get it cracking?

Lastly with the cost of everything involved to piece a pi based solution these days, is it even worth the effort as compared to getting something like a Wiim Mini, which supports Alexa and comes almost at the same price point of a decent Pi Setup?

This would mean adding a USB microphone/camera to the RPI. I have heard of a voice recognition software called Jasper that works with RPI, but have never tried it

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back