Volume icon of AVR not shown in Tv

Zaved

Hello everyone ..
Yesterday I have connected my new Denon X2600h with Mi tv 4x pro through Hdmi arc . After all setup tv remote or Avr remot can control the total volume level but when I Increase or decrease volume , volume Icon/ volume bar not display on tv .Though "on screen display" option of avr setup is on ... please help me out .. Thanks in advance .

Hello everyone ..
Yesterday I have connected my new Denon X2600h with Mi tv 4x pro through Hdmi arc . After all setup tv remote or Avr remot can control the total volume level but when I Increase or decrease volume , volume Icon/ volume bar not display on tv .Though "on screen display" option of avr setup is on ... please help me out .. Thanks in advance .
Check output settings Video mode.
If it is set to bypass ur Volume bar wont appear.
It should be auto

Yesterday I have connected my new Denon X2600h with Mi tv 4x pro through Hdmi arc.... but when I Increase or decrease volume , volume Icon/ volume bar not display on tv...
When you watch TV (source connected to TV directly) and route audio to AVR via e/ARC, the onscreen info from the AVR is not displayed on the TV.

I am afraid both reachkalyan and kumar are wrong.

Zaved, what you have to do is to enable CEC on both the TV and the AVR. Once you do that and increase/decrease the volume on the TV or the AVR, the TV will display the name off the AVR and it's current volume position.

Depending upon the software on both devices, it wil either be a bar, or simple numbers showing volume dB. When you use the remote to adjust, there may be small delay is showing the adjusted volume.

... TV will display the name off the AVR and it's current volume position.
Yes Venkat, I mentioned info from AVR will not be displayed on the TV while in ARC mode, it is still true. Display will be limited to what the TV is programmed to display in this case.

Not too sure about that, unless you are using a very old TV. If a TV has ARC and is compliant with CEC, it has to display the volume data. Those are basic function (rules) set for compatibility with ARC and CEC. There are additional features such as HDMI switching that may not be supported. In my TV when I play Netflix, the volume display clearly shows Marantz SR5010. I am quite sure MI TV should support basic functions.

Yes Venkat, I mentioned info from AVR will not be displayed on the TV while in ARC mode, it is still true. Display will be limited to what the TV is programmed to display in this case.
You are right sir.. After Connecting through ARC and Enable CEC when I use TV's interface , stream Netflix or Hotstar , or Watch a movie from a pendrive directly connecting with USB port of the Tv volume bar not display. But when I enter HDMI (Input /Output) open Denon's Interface and play Music via Bluetooth or a pendrive directly connecting with AvR then Volume bar and Information of avr display on tv..

You are right sir.. After Connecting through ARC and Enable CEC when I use TV's interface , stream Netflix or Hotstar , or Watch a movie from a pendrive directly connecting with USB port of the Tv volume bar not display. But when I enter HDMI (Input /Output) open Denon's Interface and play Music via Bluetooth or a pendrive directly connecting with AvR then Volume bar and Information of avr display on tv..
I guess TV will have the control of "Video" and AVR will have "Audio" in ARC mode. Just a guess as per what I know of how these protocols are implemented typically...

Your reply is a little confusing. But here is what I have done to make things work.

1. Set ARC/CEC on both TV and AVR.
2. Assigned HDMI 1 to the ARC connection on the TV.
3. On the AVR, I have assigned 'TV Audio' to HDMI 1.
4. In the AVR I have also gone into input assign and ensured that the HDMI1 is assigned to 'TV Audio'.

When I power on the systems, on the TV I choose HDMI1, and on the AVR I choose TV Audio.

With these steps, whatever I play directly on the TV (Streaming, USB), the audio comes through the AVR and the AVR's volume is displayed on the TV. IN fact, whether I use the TV remote or AVR remote, they both control the AVR volume.

Your reply is a little confusing. But here is what I have done to make things work.

1. Set ARC/CEC on both TV and AVR.
2. Assigned HDMI 1 to the ARC connection on the TV.
3. On the AVR, I have assigned 'TV Audio' to HDMI 1.
4. In the AVR I have also gone into input assign and ensured that the HDMI1 is assigned to 'TV Audio'.

When I power on the systems, on the TV I choose HDMI1, and on the AVR I choose TV Audio.

With these steps, whatever I play directly on the TV (Streaming, USB), the audio comes through the AVR and the AVR's volume is displayed on the TV. IN fact, whether I use the TV remote or AVR remote, they both control the AVR volume.
Please Check attached Images of my Tv and AVR settings.. I have done all these setup but Volume bar not display.

Attachments

• IMG_20201015_223014.jpg
    IMG_20201015_223014.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20201015_223215.jpg
    IMG_20201015_223215.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20201015_221219.jpg
    IMG_20201015_221219.jpg
    871.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20201015_221145.jpg
    IMG_20201015_221145.jpg
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back