VPN service suggestion

umapati

I have come across this VPN service.They have one day offer of 40$ for lifetime.
stacksocial
I am very much ignorant about VPN service but I have read in many threads that VPN service can be used for streaming Pandora,Spotify,Netflix etc service in India.
So, I just need your experts' advice whether this VPN service will be useful OR not for streaming such services.
Should I go with this service and buy its package
Plz advice

You are paying hard earned money for this. Better to check the (global) Net for opinions . Nothing great comes for peanuts !:)
For music, go to Youtube where thousands of albums have been uploaded and can be freely downloaded. I don't know how this is possible but it is. Sometimes albums are removed as I found out. So if you see something you like , download it immediately. You will find albums that are hard to find otherwise. Downloaded as MP4 files, their sound quality is quite acceptable.

Hi All,
I have purchased this subscription and it works like a charm..I have been able to play Rhapsody & Pandora Radio, Netflix and Amazon Premium music and video services.It plays everything very fine on my Iphone, (with airplay On my Home theatre system too) & on my Windows PC and Macbook Pro too..it has only one limitation as it does not give us DNS server we can't add it to router.Still I am looking for its solution & if i find anything will post here..It is working extremely good..

Umapati/ Surrealistix,
You dont need a paid DNS service to listen to spotify. Just download Hola unblocker on your chrome browser and you are ready to go. I have been using it for more than a year.

Umapati/ Surrealistix,
You dont need a paid DNS service to listen to spotify. Just download Hola unblocker on your chrome browser and you are ready to go. I have been using it for more than a year.
Ya I know it..Even I am playing Spotify without any Hola unblocker since 2012..it works without any unblocker as i have installed its application in my Laptop and iphone too..
I am using this VPN service to enjoy Rhapsody,Pandora,Amazon Music & Video Prime services & Netflix.

Are you guys sure there are no additional hidden charges that will suddenly appear after x months of use ?
Ya I am sure coz one of my family friend in US has confirmed it with their customer service and this is a very reputed company there.

Looks like a very good deal, especially if it lasts.

Good ones are usually $8-$10 each month (lesser for yearly). However, the main issue will be bandwidth throttling, radio, YouTube and browsing will be fine, but 4K streaming on Netflix needs to be checked.

BTW, there are free alternatives (again with limited b/w) like OpenVPN, Tor network, etc. Hotspot Shield is another good option, and they don't limit b/w, but it comes with ads, again easily blocked with adblockers.

I have come across this VPN service.They have one day offer of 40$ for lifetime.
stacksocial
I am very much ignorant about VPN service but I have read in many threads that VPN service can be used for streaming Pandora,Spotify,Netflix etc service in India.
So, I just need your experts' advice whether this VPN service will be useful OR not for streaming such services.
Should I go with this service and buy its package
Plz advice

They log IP's so if that's a problem don't go with this one. See Any opinions about "VPN Unlimited"? : VPN

I haven't yet to dug up vpn unlimited's T&C, so not absolutely sure as yet.

Umapati/ Surrealistix,

Apparently, Hola can have you relaying traffic (not too bad as long as you are an intermediate relay, except for bandwidth consumption) and even acting as an exit node which could be horrendous if someone else exits to an illegal site via you as a Hola exit node.

See Not too long ago reddit taught me about Hola, just thought i'd pass it along to anyone who didnt know. : AdviceAnimals

Again, I haven't really verified this, so take with a big grain of salt or perhaps a lookaround to confirm this.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back