VU launches 85 inch QLED with FALD and 1000 Nits at 3.5 Lakh

etios

* 85-inch QLED 4K screen with 1,000-nit brightness.

* Full array local dimming, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, HLG.

* 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz Motion Rate, 6ms response time.

* 50-watt integrated soundbar has 6 speakers including two sets of woofers and tweeters for deep bass and crystal-clear highs, MS12, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus.

* Android TV, Quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB storage.

Nice, VU seems to be gearing up. Not sure what will it retail at. Pricing rarely comes down. Wish they get it in 2L range.

LeTs pray they being lower variants of this TV too, like for 75 and 65in. FALD QLED 120hz, WCG, 1000nits, Dolby vision - I am sold.

I fail to understand the strategy of VU. Isn't VU TVs considered as a budget TV brand and almost all their TVs are catered towards budget price range. WHat is the point of announcing such pricey model. Will people take the plunge and go for such premium product from this type of brand.

And glaringly their most other TVs are out of stock. Should they not invest / work towards delivering these TVs which seems to be their bread and butter products. It seems like it is targeted towards corporate video-conferencing usage considering the current trend of WFH and decreased travelling around for official works.

I am just perplexed my this announcement.

I fail to understand the strategy of VU. Isn't VU TVs considered as a budget TV brand and almost all their TVs are catered towards budget price range. WHat is the point of announcing such pricey model. Will people take the plunge and go for such premium product from this type of brand.

And glaringly their most other TVs are out of stock. Should they not invest / work towards delivering these TVs which seems to be their bread and butter products. It seems like it is targeted towards corporate video-conferencing usage considering the current trend of WFH and decreased travelling around for official works.

I am just perplexed my this announcement.

VU bigger size TVs has its own buyers, i know three such people who bought VU 75 inch when it was going for 95k on Flipkart some 3 yrs back. Now it is down to 85k. At that time 75 inch TV's from major brand were even more expensive at 3-5 Lakhs.

Similarly 85 inch TV with QLED, FALD, Wide colour gamut, 120 Hz, 1000 nits is a bargain at 3.5 Lakhs if you are looking for size. This is MRP so real price within few months will be between 2.5-3.0 lakh. Samsung, Sony etc charge 7-10 lakhs for 85 inch size.

* 85-inch QLED 4K screen with 1,000-nit brightness.

* Full array local dimming, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, HLG.

* 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz Motion Rate, 6ms response time.

* 50-watt integrated soundbar has 6 speakers including two sets of woofers and tweeters for deep bass and crystal-clear highs, MS12, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus.

* Android TV, Quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB storage.

I am sure the price will come down in a year. 3.5 lakhs for Vu brand is a big risk as their customer service network is not so swift. Plus the big 3 has 75" set range for half the price. At 1.9 lakhs you have TCL's 85" screen which was a big flop, so even if feature-rich 3.5 lakhs will not attract a lot of buyers. Plus Vu TVs are not light weight. So an 85 " monster will only be a burden in case of repairs. The repair technician will not guarantee logistical damages for huge sized TVs for these chota-mota brands.

Now available on Flipkart, price is lower than 3.5L MRP: 3 lakhs and you get 10k instant discount for prepaid order. Combine this with Flipkart Axis credit card and the total price will be 2.75 lakhs.

Now available on Flipkart, price is lower than 3.5L MRP: 3 lakhs and you get 10k instant discount for prepaid order. Combine this with Flipkart Axis credit card and the total price will be 2.75 lakhs.

It'll go down more during one of the Flipkart sales. I'll probably bite if it goes below 2.5L.

It'll go down more during one of the Flipkart sales. I'll probably bite if it goes below 2.5L.
I’m planning to get it when it reaches same price... any idea if we can take a look at the tv in Bangalore?

Guys, If you don't have already then apply and get the Flipkart Axis bank credit card, they are giving cashbacks just for applying via flipkart app and do not even ask for income documents.

If there is an indication that pretty soon 85" TVs from the big three would be affordable then this is just the hyena that has showed up. Soon cougars(Phillips),jaguars (Panasonic), leopards(Samsung), lions(LG), and the big one the Bengal tiger (Sony) will join the action eating fresh dead meat. In my opinion it is better to go for projectors for any size about 75". 85 needs a huge hall size and may not be that much more immersive from a 75" as a leap from 65" to 75". For the elderly, they'd think it is non-ergonomic. The only time you would appreciate the size is when aspect ratio of 16:9 based movies are watched at about 10 feet distance, you would think 85" was worth it.

Flipkart has appliance sales from 4th to 8th March and the price is discounted to 2.8 Lakhs, if you have flipkart axis credit card then the cashback brings it to 2.66 Lakhs. Good deal:

If anyone is buying/has bought, please do leave the reviews here, I am myself looking to get this TV. 2.5 lakh seems about right for this brand, I am hoping prices come further down, because with VU and buying such an expensive TV, it makes sense to get atleast 3-4 years EW, which would add cost to the TV.

Anyone got this TV yet... I am really tempted to get one as I already have Flipkart Axis Bank buzz Credit Card and I am eligible for 5% Cashback. Another issue is the card doesn't have a balance of over 3L, Its only 1.75L atm. Will they increase the limit if we call and ask them to increase.

On TV, If any Bangalore buyer has this then plz review or send me your home address, I will personally come and check. :p:)

Anyone got this TV yet... I am really tempted to get one as I already have Flipkart Axis Bank buzz Credit Card and I am eligible for 5% Cashback. Another issue is the card doesn't have a balance of over 3L, Its only 1.75L atm. Will they increase the limit if we call and ask them to increase.

On TV, If any Bangalore buyer has this then plz review or send me your home address, I will personally come and check. :p:)

You can email your credit card company and explain to them this situation and that you need 3L limit to buy a TV, ask them for increase in credit limit. They will either increase it directly or email you and ask for income documents like salary slips or ITR if self-employed. So, it is just one or two email procedure. Get it done now rather than waiting and not having the limit when needed.

You can email your credit card company and explain to them this situation and that you need 3L limit to buy a TV, ask them for increase in credit limit. They will either increase it directly or email you and ask for income documents like salary slips or ITR if self-employed. So, it is just one or two email procedure. Get it done now rather than waiting and not having the limit when needed.
Yeah.. Never thought needed more than 1L for any FK purchase that's why never bothered as default I got it 1.75L
Thought other cards have 5L, 10L limit. And they have increased over time of constant usage. I don't see the reason for not to do for FK CC as I always use this for purchases from FK. Lets see how this goes. But yes, Its better to do asap than later.

Devita Saraf (Vu's owner and CEO) says this is as good as a premium international brand with huge confidence. She is 2 years younger than me and while I am thinking twice in investing in a 2.7 lakhs 85" Vu TV, she has dared to take this brand as a 150 million dollar networth company!! Admire her.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back