VU Premium Android TV 2020 lineup

Kecha_R

VU has recently launched the 2020 lineup of their Premium series. Has anyone bought them that was launched this month? I am planning to buy this tv (55PM) for my living room usage as an upgrade.

Few information about my current Setup:
1.) I currently have a 32 inch Toshiba LED TV (Cricket series signed by Sachin with front soundbar) which is a HD Ready model.
2.) I have ACT Fibernet connection with 150mbps speed.
3.) Since my TV is an old non-smart model, I have a MI Box S for content streaming.
4.) I have a lot of Bluray ripped collection with DD/DTS audio saved on a few external HDDs. They are played via Kodi in the MI Box S.
5.) I have also connected my MI Box S to my old Denon AVR-1507 AV receiver via optical cable. This receiver does not have HDMI and only has Optical/Coaxial inputs for audio. It supports DD/DTS. I have a 7.1 Speaker setup (Craftel) with a 10 inch sub.

As you can see, all these are pretty old devices (except maybe the MI Box S). Since i recently purchased a new flat in which the viewing distance is around 15-16 Feet, this 32 inch TV looks very small. Therefore, i am planning to purchase a big screen TV (55 inch) as an upgrade.

I have checked several options before considering this. From the likes of LG/Samsung/Sony/Panasonic etc. But i personally feel the price difference does not justify the improvement in picture quality. For example, in this VU TV we get DV/HDR10 with Dolby and DTS support. I am sure the picture quality will not be a match to the other premium brands. However, if i have to pick up a similar TV from those brands i would have to spend minimum of 70K which i feel is not worth the improvement in picture quality they bring considering my viewing distance. Also, Samsung TVs are out of my list since they are not bringing DTS support these days (even as passthrough via optical) which is a deal breaker for me.

Therefore, i am planning to get this TV for now and upgrade again later to a better TV after couple of years. Could someone clarify on the below points.

1.) I see VU is rebranding the Hisense TVs. So which Hisense model are these VU Premium 2020 series. This will give me a better idea since i can read reviews on them.
2.) Anybody who purchased can shed some light if its a decent TV for my requirement?
3.) Does this TV support HDR in youtube? All online reviews for these TV never mention this. All they check is netflix and Prime.

I understand though this TV support 10-bit colour, this is achieved by a 8-bit panel + FRC. Thats fine for me. Anything over my existing TV would be an upgrade. So i don't bother.
Any reviews and suggestions would be highly appreciated.

VU has recently launched the 2020 lineup of their Premium series. Has anyone bought them that was launched this month? I am planning to buy this tv (55PM) for my living room usage as an upgrade.

Few information about my current Setup:
1.) I currently have a 32 inch Toshiba LED TV (Cricket series signed by Sachin with front soundbar) which is a HD Ready model.
2.) I have ACT Fibernet connection with 150mbps speed.
3.) Since my TV is an old non-smart model, I have a MI Box S for content streaming.
4.) I have a lot of Bluray ripped collection with DD/DTS audio saved on a few external HDDs. They are played via Kodi in the MI Box S.
5.) I have also connected my MI Box S to my old Denon AVR-1507 AV receiver via optical cable. This receiver does not have HDMI and only has Optical/Coaxial inputs for audio. It supports DD/DTS. I have a 7.1 Speaker setup (Craftel) with a 10 inch sub.

As you can see, all these are pretty old devices (except maybe the MI Box S). Since i recently purchased a new flat in which the viewing distance is around 15-16 Feet, this 32 inch TV looks very small. Therefore, i am planning to purchase a big screen TV (55 inch) as an upgrade.

I have checked several options before considering this. From the likes of LG/Samsung/Sony/Panasonic etc. But i personally feel the price difference does not justify the improvement in picture quality. For example, in this VU TV we get DV/HDR10 with Dolby and DTS support. I am sure the picture quality will not be a match to the other premium brands. However, if i have to pick up a similar TV from those brands i would have to spend minimum of 70K which i feel is not worth the improvement in picture quality they bring considering my viewing distance. Also, Samsung TVs are out of my list since they are not bringing DTS support these days (even as passthrough via optical) which is a deal breaker for me.

Therefore, i am planning to get this TV for now and upgrade again later to a better TV after couple of years. Could someone clarify on the below points.

1.) I see VU is rebranding the Hisense TVs. So which Hisense model are these VU Premium 2020 series. This will give me a better idea since i can read reviews on them.
2.) Anybody who purchased can shed some light if its a decent TV for my requirement?
3.) Does this TV support HDR in youtube? All online reviews for these TV never mention this. All they check is netflix and Prime.

I understand though this TV support 10-bit colour, this is achieved by a 8-bit panel + FRC. Thats fine for me. Anything over my existing TV would be an upgrade. So i don't bother.
Any reviews and suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Hi

Nice setup...

I too use a Toshiba LED 32 inch HD ready TV and it still works like a charm...no repairs or issues.....hooked my laptop to AVR then to TV which makes the TV SMART.....also I have a stand alone Oppo player to cater to Discs and rips from External HDD.

I believe since most of the TVs are made in China...they may tend to fail sometimes after 2 years or even 3 years.....very rare cases you have a TV crossing the 5 year life line mark.....(mine has since it was made in Japan when Toshiba launched in India).

I think personally the VU line up would be value for money. There is a 2019 SMART VU 40 inch at my moms place and it works well. The PQ is very good and SQ is decent.,..I am not too brand conscious as long as it can work well and meet my expectations...thats important...

Given the Lockdown and supply chain challenges....not many have made purchases....else there would have been financial year end deals happening every weekend......

Hi

Nice setup...

I too use a Toshiba LED 32 inch HD ready TV and it still works like a charm...no repairs or issues.....hooked my laptop to AVR then to TV which makes the TV SMART.....also I have a stand alone Oppo player to cater to Discs and rips from External HDD.

I believe since most of the TVs are made in China...they may tend to fail sometimes after 2 years or even 3 years.....very rare cases you have a TV crossing the 5 year life line mark.....(mine has since it was made in Japan when Toshiba launched in India).

I think personally the VU line up would be value for money. There is a 2019 SMART VU 40 inch at my moms place and it works well. The PQ is very good and SQ is decent.,..I am not too brand conscious as long as it can work well and meet my expectations...thats important...

Given the Lockdown and supply chain challenges....not many have made purchases....else there would have been financial year end deals happening every weekend......
Thanks for the reply. Yes, even my toshiba TV is working like a charm. I am planning for upgrade just because of its size which is very small for my viewing distance. Your review on VU gives me hope. Waiting for others to respond.

Nobody has bought it yet on this forum, you will have to be the first one to buy and review here just like many members in the past have done. Alternatively you can buy iffalcon 55K31 which has been bought and reviewed by many members here, even i have bought one for my brother. Here is the link to that thread:

Also, reviews of other VU TVs are useless because nobody knows how the model you need performs, when i bought 55 inch VU TV 4 years back they were the best in the value for money game and the best panels for the price but now there is enough competition.

Nobody has bought it yet on this forum, you will have to be the first one to buy and review here just like many members in the past have done. Alternatively you can buy iffalcon 55K31 which has been bought and reviewed by many members here, even i have bought one for my brother. Here is the link to that thread:

Thanks for the suggestion.. sure will check this one out..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back