W900B Queries

armittal

Hi Friends,
Planning to buy a TV, have zeroed down on 50W900B. I do have certain questions, will really appreciate if someone can answer them to make the decision easier.

1) What's the panel type W900B uses? IPS/VA Panel? Somewhere I read that it is "like IPS panel". What does this mean?

2) I have 2 young kids at home (3&4 yrs) , TV place is pre-decided, have custome made cabinet and TV will be wall mounted and at a lower height i.e. accessible to kids . As both of them are boys, at times they hit (with hand) the other LG TV screen. Really apprehensive if they will do to this TV also. what will happen to the screen?

3) PQ is really good but is it okay to watch for kids to see such bright colors?

4) Last but not the least, max distance of my living room is 14 ft (wall to wall). So which screen size should we go for? 42/50 ?
Looking forward to get a reply of my questions.

Thanks,
-Archna

2) I have 2 young kids at home (3&4 yrs) , TV place is pre-decided, have custome made cabinet and TV will be wall mounted and at a lower height i.e. accessible to kids . As both of them are boys, at times they hit (with hand) the other LG TV screen. Really apprehensive if they will do to this TV also. what will happen to the screen?
Depends upon force & what hits the screen. Generally plasma TVs have tough outer glass to protect the screen layer but I doubt with LEDs.
You can get something like this. Personally never used.
Buy 42 Inch LED/LCD/3D/PLASMA TV Screen Guard / Screen Protector . Non- Breakable . 100 % crystal clear optical grade. Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

3) PQ is really good but is it okay to watch for kids to see such bright colors?
You will have ample picture. Adjustments. So don't bother.
4) Last but not the least, max distance of my living room is 14 ft (wall to wall). So which screen size should we go for? 42/50 ?
You will find 50 much smaller after few months;) people use bigger screens without issues.

I got the same TV about 6-8 months back.
It is a good TV however , Have you considered the below?

1- the 3D effect is not good.
2- if using the Wifi, the connection gets dropped often.
3- Sony is moving out of the TV business
So the support is going to be nothing to write home about.
It is important to consider the fact that the longevity or the trouble free experience that came with the original Bravia series is not seen in the recent series.

Not trying to say don't buy but just something I felt a buyer needs to know.

Booked my 50w900b at 81k with the free BD player S1500. The sales person said Sony is going to relaunch this model, hence the huge discount. Is it correct?

@anand817: Cannot understand why would there be huge discount if Sony is planning to relaunch this model.
The sales guy can keep the model and later on sell at a higher price when it is relaunched(assuming it will be relaunched at higher price as is the norm).

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back