wall mount/stand options for wharfedale 225

tomonpublic

Experts,

I have just ordered a wharfedale 225 bookshelf speakers. Looking for a option to mount on wall or on a floor stand.

Will the whafedale wall brackets(available in hifimart) supports the wharfedale 225?

Looking for a budget option to mount the speakers. Please help.

You can consider Portable TV wall mount with swivel.. Abt Rs 500 each from local electrical / electronic store..

I had mounted Klipsch RP160M BS with these stands, and they were holding them just fine..

Amazon.in - https://www.amazon.in/Jenefas-Jenef...8&qid=1529995422&sr=8-3&keywords=CRT+TV+stand

91RbPAQRLRL._SL1500_.jpg

Experts,

I have just ordered a wharfedale 225 bookshelf speakers. Looking for a option to mount on wall or on a floor stand.

Will the whafedale wall brackets(available in hifimart) supports the wharfedale 225?

The wall brackets available on hifimart does not support 225, they are specifically for 215
I have 220 and I found normal settop box stands at a friends shop, they can be rotated to face the listener and luckily the size was exactly similar to 220's size. I got a plywood cut of that size and screwed it
Pls check images

Attachments

• IMG_20180511_202930.jpg
    IMG_20180511_202930.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20180511_202852.jpg
    IMG_20180511_202852.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20180511_202912.jpg
    IMG_20180511_202912.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 40
Thanks @elangoas and @iajay

Cool setups. Never thought i would be having so many options. You guys saved my day. Let me visit local shop and check whichever suits me.

Any floor standing cheapest options that you can suggest? So that i can decide myself based on that.

Thanks again

The 225s are largish speakers with rear ports. I wouldn't put them on wall brackets.
They will be much better on stands at least a few inches away from the wall.
Stands are available from hifimart and tonosystems.com. If these are too expensive, look in local shops.
You could get a pair fabricated, either metal or wood. You can get DIY ideas on the net. Some on this forum as well :).

Thanks @elangoas and @iajay

Cool setups. Never thought i would be having so many options. You guys saved my day. Let me visit local shop and check whichever suits me.

Any floor standing cheapest options that you can suggest? So that i can decide myself based on that.

Thanks again
If you are not Audiophile/Critical listener i would suggest go for cheapest option, customized cupboard like the image attached below.IMG-20180626-WA0018.jpg
I know there will be critics and difference of opinion after this post.
But practically budget wise i feel this is serves the purpose.iam happy with this setup which BA26 placed on the top.
Iam using this arrangement in my secondary setup for FR,FL.
This Costs about Rs 1700/pc .VFM

Last edited:
The 225s are largish speakers with rear ports. I wouldn't put them on wall brackets.
They will be much better on stands at least a few inches away from the wall.
Stands are available from hifimart and tonosystems.com. If these are too expensive, look in local shops.
You could get a pair fabricated, either metal or wood. You can get DIY ideas on the net. Some on this forum as well :).

225 doesn't have a rear port, it is down-firing similar to 220.

Yes 225 is not having any rear port. But I feel placing them on speaker stands will be better.
true, they are rather heavy as well (6.5kgs) placing on solid solid surface may help with the bass which is abundant for casual listener.

If you are not Audiophile/Critical listener i would suggest go for cheapest option, customized cupboard like the image attached below.View attachment 28329
But practically budget wise i feel this is serves the purpose.iam happy with this setup which BA26 placed on the top.

This is very cool man. Also we can utilize the storage box with this setup.

If you are not Audiophile/Critical listener i would suggest go for cheapest option, customized cupboard like the image attached below.View attachment 28329
This is best !!!
You can have two cupboards and they serve as stands too. I taught of getting two small cupboards, but I have space constraints.

And by the way, if you plan to put those in both extreme left and right corners of the room, cupboards many not be good. Because its almost like placing the speaker in a closed space.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back