Wall mounting hight and TV size

soulforged

Wall mounting height and TV size

Hello,

We are planning for our new apartment. Need your suggestions on the TV size and the height at which it should be placed on the wall.

The viewing distance would be around 11-12ft. Sitting height would be approx 4ft at eye level.

We were considering a 50in Plasma mounted at a height of 4ft (bottom of the screen). Is this the right screen size and hight?

The next Q would be, which TV? ;)

Last edited:
Re: Wall mounting height and TV size

Hello,

We are planning for our new apartment. Need your suggestions on the TV size and the height at which it should be placed on the wall.

The viewing distance would be around 11-12ft. Sitting height would be approx 4ft at eye level.

We were considering a 50in Plasma mounted at a height of 4ft (bottom of the screen). Is this the right screen size and hight?

The next Q would be, which TV? ;)

Theoritically, The best height is placing the TV in such a way that the height of the centre of the TV and the height of your eye level coincides..

I think the top of the screen should be at eye level when seated with feet firmly planted on the floor, for most comfortable viewing.

Regards

Re: Wall mounting height and TV size

Theoritically, The best height is placing the TV in such a way that the height of the centre of the TV and the height of your eye level coincides..
Second this entirely.We use this method when rigging up screens for events

just wondering...if you are in a low seating position and at sufficient distance from the TV, won't placing the TV slightly higher be more comfortable for your viewing?...say the bottom of the screen at your eye level...

just wondering...if you are in a low seating position and at sufficient distance from the TV, won't placing the TV slightly higher be more comfortable for your viewing?...say the bottom of the screen at your eye level...

Depends on if you have the energy to lift your eyelids fully up on a sustained basis ... :)

Watching with droopy half closed eyelids with your head and neck comfortably rested is more like my style ... :eek:hyeah:

Cheers

Depends on if you have the energy to lift your eyelids fully up on a sustained basis ... :)

Watching with droopy half closed eyelids with your head and neck comfortably rested is more like my style ... :eek:hyeah:

Cheers

I half expected you to say "it depends on how high and low the freq range goes" :eek:hyeah:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back