Wanna buy a good home theatre!!!

Hey guys,
I gotta quote for PSB in mumbai. Is this Ok. And what about the cables?????? Should i go for Supra which is about 160 / meter. or what do u think abt Monster SP-14. Or what other cables I should go for and who deals with Monster cables in mumbai. Pls lmme know soon as I've to buy the cables tommorow.

2 x Alpha B1 14000/- / pair
1 x Alpha C1 12500/- / nos
2 x Alpha LR 11000/- / pair
1 x SubSeries 5i Subwoofer 30500/- / nos

This system is what I'm planning to go for. Also, advice on the cables....
AVR - Yamaha 663
Any views on the Subwoofer. As I think there might be a need for a better one, like the Wharfdale 150 or anything better. How much is the B&W ASW 610 in mumbai. Any Idea... Thanx guys.

Last edited:
I gotta quote for PSB in mumbai. Is this Ok. And what about the cables?????? Should i go for Supra which is about 160 / meter. or what do u think abt Monster SP-14. Or what other cables I should go for and who deals with Monster cables in mumbai. Pls lmme know soon as I've to buy the cables tommorow.

2 x Alpha B1 14000/- / pair
1 x Alpha C1 12500/- / nos
2 x Alpha LR 11000/- / pair
1 x SubSeries 5i Subwoofer 30500/- / nos

Though Supra is good, 160 a meter is expensive. Look for DAC cables from Designer Audio. What you need is 16 or 14 AWG. Look for SPK16 or SPK14 from DAC. They work very well.

Though the PSB sub will work well with the PSB speakers, take a look at Wharfedale's SW150. That should be available at around 18K. An award winner, the SW150 works well and matches well with the PSB.

The PSB prices are good, though you should always push the dealer for a last minute bargain. If you can, see if you can replace the LRs with the B1s. In other works have 4 B1s. This will be useful when you start playing HD audio codecs.

Cheers

Hey Venkat,
Thanx mate... But could u please tell me where this designer audio is. Which 1 out of the two is better SPK 14 or SPK 16. And what about the woofer cable? Is it different.:sad: If u can gimme the contact number of Designer audio, I'll get in touch with them. Ok, I'll try to get B1's instead of the LR 1's. Well copied and out!!! As I could only audition Alpha B1's at thailand. 2 speakers with NAD n god they beat the hell out of the infinity's and the JBL's. I hope Wharfdale SW 150's should fill the niche of the bass department. And the most important factor is much more cheaper than the 5i of PSB. :eek:hyeah:
Will it be better to go for the Wharfdale or PSB sub anyways??? Anyways, I'm yet to audition the Mordaunt short. But, I'll be back in a week for auditioning. But, yeah my cabling work starts today. thanx again for ur prompt response.
How is PSB & wharfdale with the movies. As I told u I have a L-shaped living room 17 x 10'3" and dining 8 x 8'.:)

Last edited:
Designer Audio India Pvt. Ltd.
'AC Market', Basement #1,
Tardeo, Mumbai - 400034.
India.
Tel: 91-22-23520320
TeleFax: 91-22-23512836
Email: [email protected]

And there dealers
Designer Audio - Dealers

ALLIANCE 4 (for Wharfedale, Quad, Vanguard, DAC)
Shree Cooperative Society, Opp. YMCA,
Near D.N. Nagar Police Station, Andheri (W), Mumbai.
Tel: 32934617, 9820162562
Contact Mr. Kadam

BOOMARANG (for AAD, Quad, Vanguard, DAC)
11/12/13, Vasant Marvel, Western Express Highway,
Borivali (E), Mumbai-400066.
Tel: 28548910, 9820082910

BOOMARANG (for AAD, Quad, Vanguard, DAC)
Janki Das House, Near Prithvi Theatre, Juhu, Mumbai-49.
Tel: 26194452, 9820194171

Hey guys,
Bought the Sommer cables, the german brand for my speaker cabling. 16 AWG. So, done with the AVR and cables. Down to the speakers now. Any1 using the Sommer cables anyways. :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back