want a consultant in mumbai to guide me in building my home theatre

sjw170866

hi, my home theatre room is nearly complete dimensions are 25feet wide x 40 feet lengthx 10 feet height. i need a good consultant on accoustics and building a home theatre. can anybody help.its in mumbai

Hi

Speak to Imran from FairDeal, he has good experience and done a lot of setups for a lot of famous folks and even normal people.....

Consider installing Room Equalizer Workshop (REW V1.6) for finding out the best position of your subwoofer and main speakers. Also you can measure and apply DSP to your signal after measuring on various positions in your room. Also included is a RTA for you to check the square wave response of the final signal. Agreed your ear is the final judge, but the tools can be a starting point for your setup.

Consider installing Room Equalizer Workshop (REW V1.6) for finding out the best position of your subwoofer and main speakers. Also you can measure and apply DSP to your signal after measuring on various positions in your room. Also included is a RTA for you to check the square wave response of the final signal. Agreed your ear is the final judge, but the tools can be a starting point for your setup.

One would need to buy the mic and needs to be fairly technical to understand the output,isnt it? Whats the mic you would recommend?

Also, someone who has a 100sqft HT room in Mumbai would surely go for a professional :)

Also do post step by step pictures and updates on how the room shapes up, what decisions you make etc. It'll help a lot of forum members and will connect you with a community of passionate AV enthusiasts. They will continue to contribute long after the consultant is gone.

Last edited:
One would need to buy the mic and needs to be fairly technical to understand the output,isnt it? Whats the mic you would recommend?

Also, someone who has a 100sqft HT room in Mumbai would surely go for a professional :)

if you open the REW help pages, there are many recommendation of soundcards, micpreamp, SPL meters and microphones recommended. Please follow the same.

I use an AKG mic and a Shure mic preamp for my measurements. I am yet to buy a professional SPL meter and am relying on the mobile based apps and PC based SPL meters currently. There could be a variatiion in SPL but again the overall linearity is still okay.

The square feet is 1000 and not 100.

Last edited:
The Best I know of - Munro Acoustics in India.
Sulford School Graduate - Mr. Kapil Thirwani - +91 98213 43335
The Best job I know of that can be done here.
Choose what suits your needs.

hi, my home theatre room is nearly complete dimensions are 25feet wide x 40 feet lengthx 10 feet height. i need a good consultant on accoustics and building a home theatre. can anybody help.its in mumbai

Hello,

I am the owner of that award winning showroom. I have worked with so many distributors and acousticians. Believe me there is nobody like Khushrau Jilla in entire India. He is truly a master. He understands the relation between the room and the loudspeakers. Most of the acousticians fail to understand that. So if you want the best possible result, Khushrau Jilla is your guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want s 'serious' no nonsense person - call Mr. Sanket Jadhav - +91 98219 21111.

Not cheap - Professional & knows what he is doing.

I beg to differ on this. This guy has designed a theater for me 3 years back in Surat. Systems were purchased from TheSoundSmith. This guy was appointed by TheSoundSmith. His approach is very typical. And his attitude is even worse than his approach. I can take you to listen to that theater. The room sound rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I beg to differ on this. This guy has designed a theater for me 3 years back in Surat. Systems were purchased from TheSoundSmith. This guy was appointed by TheSoundSmith. His approach is very typical. And his attitude is even worse than his approach. I can take you to listen to that theater. The room sound rubbish.
Sir,
You may be right;
I have not used his services.
My 'forte' is 2 channel.
I do not understand 'a/b/c' of HT so I am not in a position to comment.
I have just enlisted the sames & numbers of the persons that offer the services.
If The Sound Smiths have used his services, they would be in a 'better' position to comment on the work that was done.
Yes, if a 2 channel set up has been done by any of these people, I would love to listen to it. There I can have a comment or two to make....
All the Best !

Hello,
I am the owner of that award winning showroom. I have worked with so many distributors and acousticians. Believe me there is nobody like Khushrau Jilla in entire India. He is truly a master. He understands the relation between the room and the loudspeakers. Most of the acousticians fail to understand that. So if you want the best possible result, Khushrau Jilla is your guy.
Respected Sir,
This is 'great news' indeed.
I was not aware that Mr. Jilla's services were available for 'acoustics'
I will keep in mind, if some person approaches me - I shall recommend his name too.
I was under the impression that he was a 'distributor' of Hi Fi Audio Products - Nexus Audio Video.
Mr. Jilla is a 'talented' person & I hold his knowledge is high regard.
If he agrees to do a 'room' for a fellow FM - I am sure the result will only be good. All the Best !
Mr. Jilla has helped me a lot in my journey through Audio & I have tremendous respect for him & his abilities ! :licklips:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back