Want to buy over the ear headphne

CLEARCUT

Now a days I find some difficulties in going with inear head phones with my media players and ipod samsung note, I want to buy one over the ear head phone or on the ear headphone. Which should be so neutral or with out any coloration. I dont use equalizer function. The hp should be so sensitive not necessary to go with a head phone amp. In a mall I heard one panasonic dj series over the ear head phone which was good. Any reviews about it. Thanks in advance

Thanks could you reveal me the quality difference between them all. My budgest is 5 to 7k. My main thing is neutral quality, full range, with out any head phone amplifier.

Just now googled to find out over the ear headphone is better than on the ear headphone in fidelity. Open head phone is better than closed bec it produces natural sound. Closed one does not leak the sound and tend to make the coloration in the music bec of the same air flow in the ear. Is it true? Ok what brand u suggest what should i go for?

If you (and people near you) don't mind sound leakage... go for open, over ear phones from Grado, Sennheiser, AKG, Audio Technica, Beyerdynamic & Shure. 5 - 7K is a good budget and Sennheiser HD518 is an award winning pair in this budget in India. Grado SR60i or SR80i are very well regarded, but you will have to import them.

Just now googled to find out over the ear headphone is better than on the ear headphone in fidelity. Open head phone is better than closed bec it produces natural sound. Closed one does not leak the sound and tend to make the coloration in the music bec of the same air flow in the ear. Is it true? Ok what brand u suggest what should i go for?

Apart from in-ear buds for commuting, I'm fairly new to listening with head or earphonesI don't know that any of those statements are absolute truths. There must be some very, very good flat-response closed-back headphones in use by audio engineers!

Check the thread mentioned in the previous post, and any other you can find here (I think there have been a couple of headphone threads dealing with the basics recently) and sort out your needs and priorities. For instance: however much you may like the sound from an open-back set, it will be useless in a noisy environment, or where its noise will disturb others.

Now a days I find some difficulties in going with inear head phones with my media players and ipod samsung note, I want to buy one over the ear head phone or on the ear headphone. Which should be so neutral or with out any coloration. I dont use equalizer function. The hp should be so sensitive not necessary to go with a head phone amp. In a mall I heard one panasonic dj series over the ear head phone which was good. Any reviews about it. Thanks in advance

if you are interested in the Sennheiser HD428 get in touch .

If you (and people near you) don't mind sound leakage... go for open, over ear phones from Grado, Sennheiser, AKG, Audio Technica, Beyerdynamic & Shure. 5 - 7K is a good budget and Sennheiser HD518 is an award winning pair in this budget in India. Grado SR60i or SR80i are very well regarded, but you will have to import them.

buddy before suggesting did you check he stated using these with a galaxy note.

does it even have enough juice to drive a open/closed full size can ???

he specifically mentioned that he does not want to use an amp.

another thing is AT, senn as well as grado's are very much available in india with dealers. no need to import at almost same price as US.

for the thread started :

dude using full can will need juice outta your phone and neither you'd get good quality on the contrary you'd be sitting with a low battery indicator a lot quicker. you can look forward for senn hd 418, 448.

grado's and at's will need more power. another thing is these are neutral headphones. if you plan to use mp3 with them with a pmp. you will despise them in sometime. source is very important.

we can guide you here with the models. you are in mumbai. drive down to pristine note. he got quite a few models. take you galaxy note and audition them.

also if you have time in hand. just connect the headphone to the phone and let it play at 80% volume for 30 minutes and check for the battery drain.
if you feel happy with them pick up what every you like.

for budget uptil 7k you have quite a choice.

also read about open cans vs closed cans. make you choice.

close cans :

senn hs 418
audio technica M20 , M35
M50 is one of the best but around 8k ish.

akg and beyer are again outta budget.

open cans :

grado's sr60 , sr80 (out of budget) , ms1

audio technica ad300 , ad500 , ad700 (koushikp picked recently)

good for your galaxy : senn 419, 428 , m20 , m35 , jvc rx700 , rx900
hd 448 for 3.5k is a good bet infact loads of senn are available however try to check with the phone first..

not all of these are neutral. for good neutral sounding headphones you gotta move to a higher budget and look forward for open cans.

everything has its pros and cons.

PN doesn't have any stock of Grados right now, when I was buying my AT they said it may take some time, didn't commit when they will come, u can email them, in case they have some better visibility now. But one thing is for sure prices for the next batch will be up considerably, so in case u buy the AT, don't wait for too long

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back