Wanted an opinion or a review

Bhoot

A friend of mine was planning on a home theater in a 500sqft space. New house new basement and currently not partitioned before the lockdown, so the size is an estimate.
He has been told by some people to go for the monitor audio towers silver 300 and the c150 center along with really expensive speakers. Since the lockdown is preventing me from stepping outside and audition them on my own, I thought I’ll ask some people for personal opinions. I’ve heard Klipsch R620 and RP600, (hopefully I haven’t got those models wrong), elac F5.2 and f6.2 and also the pioneer fs52. While I would probably call the pioneers (Andrew jones) as the best bang for your buck, I’d consider f6.2 and to an extent 5.2 very capable of handling the space. Could the theater get away with 6 b6.2 c6.2 and 4 in ceiling speakers. 95% will be Video consumption and maybe the music will only be through online sources such as YouTube and spotify.

edit subwoofers will exist with a xo of 80hz. AVR 3080 (trying to get my hands on 3070)

A friend of mine was planning on a home theater in a 500sqft space. New house new basement and currently not partitioned before the lockdown, so the size is an estimate.
He has been told by some people to go for the monitor audio towers silver 300 and the c150 center along with really expensive speakers. Since the lockdown is preventing me from stepping outside and audition them on my own, I thought I’ll ask some people for personal opinions. I’ve heard Klipsch R620 and RP600, (hopefully I haven’t got those models wrong), elac F5.2 and f6.2 and also the pioneer fs52. While I would probably call the pioneers (Andrew jones) as the best bang for your buck, I’d consider f6.2 and to an extent 5.2 very capable of handling the space. Could the theater get away with 6 b6.2 c6.2 and 4 in ceiling speakers. 95% will be Video consumption and maybe the music will only be through online sources such as YouTube and spotify.

edit subwoofers will exist with a xo of 80hz. AVR 3080 (trying to get my hands on 3070)
You can consider Looking out for LCR speakers.. I mean dedicated screen channel speakers. He and his guest might love the clean look, just like a cinema hall with the front speakers hidden.
He can also opt for a light behind screen to show the speakers ;)

How far does he intend to sit from the screen?
You might want to look into that factor so that you can analyse if he needs higher sensitivity speakers.

Good luck

You can consider Looking out for LCR speakers.. I mean dedicated screen channel speakers. He and his guest might love the clean look, just like a cinema hall with the front speakers hidden.
He can also opt for a light behind screen to show the speakers ;)

How far does he intend to sit from the screen?
You might want to look into that factor so that you can analyse if he needs higher sensitivity speakers.

Good luck
I think you mean like the youthman theater. I told him about it, didn't quite like the idea and has been put on the back burner "for now". If sensitivity was the criteria then I guess the klipsch speakers are very high in that and since the elacs are 6 ohms they can draw more watts for a cleaner and (I'm guessing) louder sound.
Any LCR you'd suggest?

I think you mean like the youthman theater. I told him about it, didn't quite like the idea and has been put on the back burner "for now". If sensitivity was the criteria then I guess the klipsch speakers are very high in that and since the elacs are 6 ohms they can draw more watts for a cleaner and (I'm guessing) louder sound.
Any LCR you'd suggest?
I am talking about something A LOT better than youthman home theatre ( I checked the video in YouTube- its a sponsored video)
I'm sure with some research into it you will agree to the fact that youthman HT room is very mediocre.
No doubt that Klipsch is a huge brand with big fan following however There are lot better speakers than Klipsch and the sensitivity specs of Klipsch is misleading. With the time you are spending on research sooner or later you will come across facts which prove my above statements.

Before recommending I need to know the listening distance.

Good luck..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back