Washing machine - Water inflow problem

SaurabhK

hi all,

Have a front loading IFB bosch washing machine. Every 3 mths the water inflow into the machine stops. The service guy ( dont know if he is ripping me off or not) changes the external water filter ( costs abt 1400 ) and puts in some descaling compound.. cleans the fluff ( which is always full of muck ) ...and water starts coming in...

Does one need a descaling doen every 3 mths? do we need filter changed so often? FYI we have a water quality problem .. but .. am not sure if im getting ripped off here...do you think only the fluff cleaning will solve issue.

If the water supply to your society is terrible like in my place, you'll have to clean the inlet filter regularly. Just open the input pipe and you should see a tiny filter. Cleaning it should set the flow right.

Well this is how it is for our LG machine, I am sure it must be similar to yours.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

You can buy the filter cartridge online, I recently purchased it on Amazon however the length of it was just little bit more, I had to just cut it little to make it right size.

I have IFB washing machine to with a filter too, you need to wash/clean the filter every month and change the filter cartridge when you see it is not getting cleaned up nicely.

Descalent is also available online, it is a preventive maintenance you need to do with in every 1 or 2 months (if you use hard water you might have to do it every month).

There is a lot of cost difference if you do it yourself or get it done by service technician. The water filter cartridge online was ?150.

Regards
Bilal

May be he is. You can simply just clean the inlet filter yourself. I do it every 5-6 months when we get the 4E Error which means water flowing in is not adequate. I just take the small filter out and clean the scale by bending the filter.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back