waveworks RED Theater

hyderabad_acoustics

Hello all...

The thread consists Construction progress of my RED Theater.

Dedicated Hometheater of Dimensions

Length : 26feet
Width : 16feet
Height : 12feet

Suggestions are welcome.

front.jpg

Basic room_Front View

f.jpg

Ceiling View

IMG_0509.jpg

Gypsum Ceiling Channeling

IMG_05543.jpg

Front stage of 12"

IMG_05604.jpg

Rear View with two Raisers.

IMG_05653.jpg

Last edited:
Size looks impressive.

BTW where in Hyderabad are you located? Let me know when it's done and ready. Would love to visit and see for myself.

IMG_05613.jpg

Side wall panneling. Maximum STC required for leftwall. Library is situated next to that wall.

IMG_05624.jpg

We can observe Equipment room in this snap.

IMG_0757.jpg

Half of the Acoustical panneling is done

Images are subject to copyright. Please please please copy them :)

IMG_0756.jpg

This is my main entrance.

IMG_0810.jpg

Video projector mount installed at 18" from the screen.

IMG_0737.jpg

Oh!Thankgod finally i have achieved an outlook.

FNCCLEFTWALLINTERIORS.jpg

CAD Illustration of my leftwall inside acoustics and Inetriors.

IMG_0807.jpg

Wood Veneer Finish

IMG_0815.jpg

Right wall during polishing stage.

IMG_0814.jpg

Awesome and inspiring, takes me back by 7 yrs :). Whats sound proofing have you used? Have you taken care of giving yourself enough places to play with cabelling in case something goes wrong?

Take care to have a fire extinguisher handy inside and an emergency lamp.

Also, a rope light can be used creatively to give nice airplane effect, if you are interested :)

Many readers will be envious of your setup. For everyone's benefit, pls. put down the room schematic, A/V components that you are planning to use as well as the cabling and treatments.

Ensure you run all cables through some sort of channels (large dia PVC pipe is good). + run multiples of HDMI, component and audio cables for future connections.

By the way, where is your component rack? Hopefully you have planned to have it in wall with sufficient ventilation.

good work,
keep going on and post your red theatre photos regularly, step by step process , so others can get some idea to build their own theater like you.

thanks and good luck and wishes for your red theater.

Awesome and inspiring, takes me back by 7 yrs :). Whats sound proofing have you used? Have you taken care of giving yourself enough places to play with cabelling in case something goes wrong?

Take care to have a fire extinguisher handy inside and an emergency lamp.

Also, a rope light can be used creatively to give nice airplane effect, if you are interested :)

Hi Ram,

Yes yes, I have ordered 10kgdensity cylinder of "CEASE FIRE" fire Extinguisher.

and i have ordered ORANGE LED light strip of dual lenght to get maximum brightness in Ideal stage. I need to impress people.

Hi Ram,

Yes yes, I have ordered 10kgdensity cylinder of "CEASE FIRE" fire Extinguisher.

and i have ordered ORANGE LED light strip of dual lenght to get maximum brightness in Ideal stage. I need to impress people.

U R THE MAN :clapping:

One idea for led strip is to have them run around the room. If you have the time, make a small cut in the flooring, place the led light, and close them with frosted glass. Also, these days you get colour changing led lights and you can decide which colour you want. This might be useful for you. I prefer red for horor movies, blue for romantic and comedy etc. Think about it.

The placement of the fire ext is very important. Always keep it where the maximum equipments are. People place it in the back and mostly its the equipment which starts the kaos (touch wood, pls dont take me negative, had a bad exp). The second difference in running to the back and getting it might cost. So better keep it near the equipment.

Also, I see you got 10 kgs, what might benefit more is to get two 5 kgs if available and place one near the rig and one at the entrance.

I am assuming smoke and fire alarm are in place. If possible, see if you can have one water line inside.

One more tip, I know people dont like wheels. If you are making a cabinet, pls see if you can add wheels to them so that in emergency you can just disconnect and push the rig outside. Trust sometimes we end up feeling more for the rig than ourselves (some call it passion sometimes it becomes an obsession)

Thats all I can think from Safety perspective. Now lets see the place coming to life :cool::clapping::yahoo:

Looks great! A good mix of aesthetics and functionality.

Can you please share the list of equipment used?

BTW: Why do you call it the RED theater?

Thanks,
Sharad

Great work .....

I saw that you gave step down in the chairs for better viewing at the back.
And Mahesh Babu is cool :D

will def visit sometime

Nice work finished at the end man, congratz for home theater setup, enjoy every moment in it for all that spent money, good work always will be appreciated, my hearty wishes for those who ever worked in that theater to built it nicely. kudos to them.............:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back