Way Bill / Road Permit for Servo Stab

Asit

Hi all,

I have placed an order for a 3 KVA Krykard Servo stabilizer with RFI filter and spike suppressor with the Chennai based company. Krykard people told me that they needed something called a "way bill" for its transport to Kolkata. For this purpose they initially asked me to send them a letter signed by me stating that this would be used for home purposes. However, after some time they came back and told me that the their shippers are not accepting it to ship without an official "way bill / road permit" to be issued by the ST dept here in Kolkata. Now I have tried to get it from the ST office in Kolkata and so far I have failed because it's an unimaginable place for me to handle.

Since I know that people are always buying AV equipments and a whole lot of other stuff from far-away cities and getting them shipped to their homes, has anybody faced a similar problem?

I am just wondering: I am buying the servo stab paying whatever taxes applicable here in India with a proper bill, then why should there be a problem at all? Is anybody taking me for a ride here and why?

Your comments, opinion, suggestion, experience etc will be helpful.

These were the old days when each state was a commercial border and such things as Octoi were prevalent. Today, if you pay CST and Local ST/VAT, there should be no issue about shipping between states.

It is possible Krykard is trying to ship though a transport company that does not have a national permit. The way bill is generally prepared by the supplier and not the buyer. It is always the responsibility of the supplier to make sure the product reaches you.

You should stress with Krykard that making sure the product reaches you is their responsibility and that you are an individual consumer and not a dealer or a distributor.

Some of the courier companies may agree to ship the product by road, and they will prepare whatever papers may be needed.

Cheers

Hi,
Ask the suppliers to raise a bill on your name with your calcutta address. The shippers should shut the mouth's and ship it to calcutta. Their are so many people transporting illegal things without a proper bill.

Last year I purchased similar servo stab (3 KVA Servo Stab with EMI-RFI filter) from Krykard . Here is the work flow:

1> I called Krykard Pune representative and got a written quotation.
2> I placed an order, along with the a check for full amount (negotiated!). No other exchange of documents involved.
3> Unit got delivered in about week's time at my door steps.
4> Krykard people paid the Octroi charged by Pune Municipal corporation @ 1.5% on the invoice value which I paid in cash at the time of the delivery.

2> I placed an order, along with the a check for full amount (negotiated!). No other exchange of documents involved.

Suhas, you placed an order with the local 'office' while Asit (if I read him right) is sitting in Kokatta and has placed an order with the Chennai office of Krykard.

Cheers

Venkat, Nandakumar and Suhas,

Thanks a lot for your responses. To summarize your responses, you are basically saying I do not have to get such a document.

Venkat, you are saying that it should be the responsibility of the supplier. Okay, I'll try to say that to Mr. Kumta of Alacrity, Chennai. Let's see what he says.

Suhas, the flowchart you followed would not quite happen in my case. Krykard does not have a local representation here in Kolkata. They just have a guy who looks after their services. But I have heard the guy is competent and he runs his own stab business. On the contrary, Aplab (Thane) has an office in Kolkata and they have told me that I just need to place an order for servo stab (price similar to Krykard) and they do not need anything else from me. The reason I ordered with Krykard was that they said they were going to ship the very next day or something, while for Aplab it would take 6-8 weeks for the shipment. I guess if this does not get resolved in a day or two, I will just cancel the order and place a new order with Aplab.

PS: Hi Nandakumar, what happened to your amp purchase. Looked like you had a budget similar to mine for my upgrade now. Did you buy the quad 909 power? Which pre to go with? Or was it something else? I just discovered that you are now looking for a CDP.

Suhas, you placed an order with the local 'office' while Asit (if I read him right) is sitting in Kokatta and has placed an order with the Chennai office of Krykard.

Cheers

You are absolutely correct, Venkat. You have spotted the difference between my ordering and Suhas'.

I did not see your post before I submitted my last one. But in my last post, anyway it was made clear that I ordered with the Chennai office.

Well, Venkat, in response to another issue touched upon in your first response, Krykard apparently are using quite well-known shippers (XPS Cargo & Speedage) who must be having national permits.

In the following, I am quoting what Mr. Kumta of Alacrity, Chennai e-mailed to me:

"We have accessed through the internet information in this from the URL
Bluedart Express ltd: Regulatory which is given below. We request
you to kindly arrange for the Road Permit and advice us.

Information on W.Bengal Sales Tax Permit:

Outbound Shipments

- There is no sales tax form required for shipments traveling out of West
Bengal.

Inbound Shipments

- Four copies of Tax invoice. All copies must bear original signature and
seal of consignor

- West Bengal Tax Form 50 in triplicate is a must

- Photocopy of sales tax registration certificate only for raw materials
like gold & precious stones which are not notified is enough in the absence
of form 50

- Description of Form 50: This form is called West Bengal sales tax permit

- The form is obtained by the consignee, who should be a registered dealer
in West Bengal. It is in triplicate (Original + Duplicate + Triplicate) each
copy carrying the signature & stamp/seal of the consignee and the sales tax
officer, on the front and reverse of the form. The consignee sends this form
in triplicate correctly filled and duly stamped and signed to the consignor.

- The consignor has to provide these three copies along with the shipment at
the time of Pickup.

- The consignee may send 3 copies of the forms signed and stamped by him and
with the signature & stamp/seal of sales tax authority or handover to Blue
Dart Express Limited on arrival of the cargo.

- The transporter (BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED in this case) can fill the form
at destination and clear it immediately. Filling the Form by Blue Dart
Express Limited would be only in emergency. We must insist for a completely
filled form at the time of Pick up.

- IN CASE THE FORM DOES NOT ACCOMPANY THE SHIPMENT BLUE DART EXPRESS
LIMITED/CCU sends to consignee cargo arrival notice, along with the original
BDA/Airlines/BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED Apex/SFC Airway bill and original
invoice.

- Consignee collects Sales Tax Form 50 (also called Sales Tax permit) from
local sales tax office and submits it to BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED.

- The same procedure. Is also applicable in case of shipments addressed to
individuals who are not registered dealers The consignee in this case who is
not a registered dealer has to go to Sales Tax Office with original AWB and
invoice copy, get the evaluation done by Sales Tax Officer, deposit tax
amount if any at the bank in the sales tax building itself and get Sales Tax
Form-50 duly endorsed by Sales Tax Officer and hand it over to BLUE DART
EXPRESS LIMITED for clearance and delivery.

- PAN no of the consignee is a must on form 50."

Well, the above clearly says that the consignee (in this case, me) has to be a registered dealer in W. Bengal. So obviously this is NOT applicable to me, a private user. But when I went to the Tax Office, nobody could tell me the rule for private consignees like me who just want to ship in something for their home use.

This is strange, and it seems to apply even to individual users.

What happens if the delivery is made in Chennai, and the item is couriered as a personal item? Can XPS accept the consignment as personal movement. What happens if I accept delivery in Chennai, and then move it to Kolkatta. I can give an undertaking that I am moving my personal stuff to Kolkatta. Check with the courier and may Krykard can work with a Chennaite to solve this issue.

Cheers

Blue Dart is the last thing you should get anything shipped by - they are the nit-pickiest of them all!

You are better off using a truck service.

Last resort someone it can be booked as a personal shipment (From self - to self types) - give a declaration stating that "the goods are personal used items and are not meant for resale and hence have no commercial value." - and thats it! Get in touch with any trucking/freight forwarding company in Cal (may I recommend Prakash Roadways/GATI/DTDC) - they will fill in any further blanks.. and even coordinate pick up from Chennai if required!

Hi Venkat,

If you look at the bluedart document, you shall NOT see anything which involves a private customer. It talks about only a dealer registered in W Bengal. Apparently the Alacrity guys perhaps did not understand the document. I am going to write to them shortly.

Thanks Sujit, I am going to suggest something along the lines you have suggested to the Krykard people. They were NOT going to ship by bluedart. They just got the document from the bluedart website. Their shippers are XPS Cargo and Speedage, as I have mentioned in my earlier post.

Asit:

There is this para:

- The same procedure. Is also applicable in case of shipments addressed to individuals who are not registered dealers The consignee in this case who is not a registered dealer has to go to Sales Tax Office with original AWB and invoice copy, get the evaluation done by Sales Tax Officer, deposit tax amount if any at the bank in the sales tax building itself and get Sales Tax
Form-50 duly endorsed by Sales Tax Officer and hand it over to BLUE DART
EXPRESS LIMITED for clearance and delivery.

I thought this referred to individuals.

Cheers

Big Mistake !!! Venkat, big mistake. I should have noticed it. Thanks for pointing it out. I know now why my wife of late has been complaining about my carelessness in household paperwork. But physics and music are more important. They really are!

But now I am in trouble. I really do not know what to do. There are three possibilities:

1. May be the bluedart document is too conservative. They are just trying to do the absolute safest thing which are not mandatory. But how to find out?

2. Krykard's local rep has suggested late last night that he was trying to get it done thru a local company. Let's wait and see.

3. If the stalemate continues, dump Krykard and place the order with Aplab of Thane, MH. They have their local office in Kolkata and will take care of these issues. Only problem in that case is that I will have to wait for nearly 2 months before I get the delivery while the power situation will worsen as the spring gets over and summer approaches.

Cheers
Big Mistake !!! Venkat, big mistake. I should have noticed it. Thanks for pointing it out. I know now why my wife of late has been complaining about my carelessness in household paperwork. But physics and music are more important. They really are!

But now I am in trouble. I really do not know what to do. There are three possibilities:

1. May be the bluedart document is too conservative. They are just trying to do the absolute safest thing which are not mandatory. But how to find out?

2. Krykard's local rep has suggested late last night that he was trying to get it done thru a local company. Let's wait and see.

3. If the stalemate continues, dump Krykard and place the order with Aplab of Thane, MH. They have their local office in Kolkata and will take care of these issues. Only problem in that case is that I will have to wait for nearly 2 months before I get the delivery while the power situation will worsen as the spring gets over and summer approaches.
I am replying to the question/query as I consider myself competent for the same being one of the BLUE DART Regional Service Participant who are responsible for making deliveries to the pin codes/locations company considers serviceable.Although Blue Dart and all other courier companies remain closed on Sundays, with the advent of ecommerce, we sometimes make a point to deliver even on Sundays if inbound loads are more as in festive seasons.Such is the value system embedded in reputed company like BLUE DART that we are encouraged and work in huddle to delight customer, actually we are insanely customer centric and have witnessed several instances on day to day basis that shipments are delivered late in night just the customer does take a sound sleep.

To tell you the truth, right now there is no hard and fast rules of delivery on normal holidays that largely depend on the number of shipments that is to be delivered by the particular branch.

I am replying to the question/query as I consider myself competent for the same being one of the BLUE DART Regional Service Participant
You missed this thread by 13 years! Well, at least Blue dart got back! I presume you call this Domestic Priority

actually we are insanely customer centric and have witnessed several instances on day to day basis that shipments are delivered late in night just the customer does take a sound sleep.
Yada Yada Yada!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back