Ways of using a Lyrita Tube Preamp

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15865

I recently saw someone selling a Lyrita Lync preamplifier.

I'm wondering if he has considered during it to feed a SS power amp? I use in that config and like the hybrid sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's actually a good suggestion. Siva of Acoustic Portrait suggested the same to me when I was looking for a hifi setup. Their integrated is tube pre and SS power.

I am using lyrita tube pre with McIntosh MC 2505.
Excellent combination. Very clean sound.
I remember he (Ganesh) heard that combo played with Tannoy MG 15" at my place couple of years ago.

Shafic Bhai I heard MG with Luxman at your place.
Noorie record was played
Nice sound it was

Regards
Ganesh

Ganeshji,
You heard two setups.
One is luxman L2 with Coral bookshelf and lyrita pre+ McIntosh with Tannoys.
You liked both.
Regards

I recently saw someone selling a Lyrita Lync preamplifier.

I'm wondering if he has considered during it to feed a SS power amp? I use in that config and like the hybrid sound.
I want to use Lyrita preamp with AP Swara poweramp. Is it ok and How is Lyrita DHT Pre different from Lync pre and which one would be better

I am using Lyrita Preamp with Parasound 2.1 for almost 2 hours.Cadence arista is the speaker pair.
Excellent performance.
I think it also acts as tube buffer.
It gives nice tube sound.As the Parasound 2.1 acts as a Type A amplifier for first 10 watts(my usual volume),it adds to the sweetness.
Only downside is mild hum which can be heard between two tracks of vinyl.
It is not audible when CD player is used.

A tube pre-amp with a solid state power amplifier is a great combination if you get it right. You do need to ensure that there is good impedance matching between the two. Some tube pre-amps have a high output impedance, so should be matched to a power amp with high input impedance. Also, just like any pre-amp and power amp combination, synergy matters a lot - so do try listening to the combo before pulling the wallet out.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back