WD TV From US of A

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
Hi
Most probably I will be getting WD TV from US.
Now anyone got from Amazon US ? Is There a voltage issue??
Also how is the sound in 2 channel RCA out?/
Also I'll be connecting it to Yamaha RX-V 496 ( With DTS & DD) with Monstar Optical Cable - Now wrt this combination
1) How the stereo sound will be? I am planning to load it with Flac? How about in built dac for yamaha ( somewhere it is mentioned that it has 192kHz/24-Bit DAC for All Channels -no mention of chip brand?)
2) IF I'll be playing Blue Ray Rip will BR's 7.1 channels will be converted in 5.1channels? ( Or it is too foolish question I am asking?)

I have a seprate 2 channel system but in other room - I'll be connecting WDTV to my LCD ...I'll be connecting it with HDMI cable and optical out will be given to yamaha - as per expereince of other members this seems to beright connection ....or I am missing something??

Hi
Most probably I will be getting WD TV from US.
Now anyone got from Amazon US ? Is There a voltage issue??
Also how is the sound in 2 channel RCA out?/
Also I'll be connecting it to Yamaha RX-V 496 ( With DTS & DD) with Monstar Optical Cable - Now wrt this combination
1) How the stereo sound will be? I am planning to load it with Flac? How about in built dac for yamaha ( somewhere it is mentioned that it has 192kHz/24-Bit DAC for All Channels -no mention of chip brand?)
2) IF I'll be playing Blue Ray Rip will BR's 7.1 channels will be converted in 5.1channels? ( Or it is too foolish question I am asking?)

I have a seprate 2 channel system but in other room - I'll be connecting WDTV to my LCD ...I'll be connecting it with HDMI cable and optical out will be given to yamaha - as per expereince of other members this seems to beright connection ....or I am missing something??

1. No voltage issue it works btw 110 to 240
2. The sound is good, when compared to my DVDp the sound quality is better.
3. Yamaha DAC - no idea will let others to comment
4. WD TV will not convert, it will just pass the 7.1 to your Yamaha through the Optical out. Your yamaha would doing the decoding and converting it to 5.1if you dont have 7.1. REMEMBER: If the BR rips are True HD WDTV will not pass it .
6. WD TV HDMI to LCD, WD TV Optical Out to Yamaha Optical In

5.1if you dont have 7.1. REMEMBER: If the BR rips are True HD WDTV will not pass it .

Hey Ram !!! Thanks!!
Now It will not pass the sound , the picture or both? I have only 1 rip of wall-e - it is friggin.. 8+ GB!!!:mad::mad:
How we will find rip is true hd??

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back