WD TV in Hyderabad

I saw WDTV Live in CTC Arun electronics. He quoted 8.9 k for it. Not worth it.
There are lot of other cheaper options such as ebay.in, 20north etc.

I came across a news that Redington India are the distributors for WD. I sent them an email and they replied back that they deal only with hard disks and not with media players.

Anyways, if you do come to know of a good shop that sells at a reasonable price, do let me know.

I bought WDTV HD Media Player ( Without networking) from CTC,hyd for Rs.6900/-
Is that price reasonable ?

This is really a wonderful player, It scanned my 500GB seagate hard disk within 100 seconds

And plays all my media files, mkv files with DTS HD sound track etc etc
Very easy to use and user interface is super fast

Last edited:
From which shop did you buy it for Rs 6900?. Did he have the Live?. If so how much did he quote?.

I dont know if it is a good price or not, however all I can say is that you could have got it for a lesser price had you taken the online route. I think there is the same WD TV HD on sale on this forum for Rs 5000. I need a Live, otherwise I would have gone for it.

That said, couple of months back, when I inquired for the WD TV (the version you have bought) I was quoted Rs 7700. So relatively 6900 is a better buy.

Yes they have WDTV live as well but selling for Rs.8950/- (CTC, Arun Computers)

I got the WD TV HD Media Player (2nd Gen.) Model Number : WDBABG0000NBK-SESN (PAL)

Hi Guys,

I am having a box packed WD TV Live Plus (Latest Version) available. However, this item would be available only for people in Hyderabad. The item would be opened in front of you and tested on my HD TV. Also, I will transfer some good HD content to your hard drive. I am expecting 8200 for this. Let me know if anybody is interested.

Thanks and Regards,
Amarnath.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back