Wdlive player issues

jayantadak

Hi,

I using the WDLIVE media player since a couple of weeks. A good gadget... but for one or two hitches. Or may be I being naive may be facing it.

1) When I copy a DVD DISC with DTS sound to an external hard disc, and if the same is played through the WDTV LIVE player, the sound emitted is of DOLBY DIGITAL and not DTS, neither is there any option of switching it to DTS, through the menu. This I come to know due to display on the AVR, and the initial indication on the TV screen through the player that it is played in DD. But when I play downloaded DTS content through the player, it shows DTS, and the sound is definitely DTS grade. Is there a way so as to enjoy the copied DVD DTS DISC through the player in DTS format.

2) Secondly when I copy a DVD DISC to the external hard disc, and start playing it through the WD LIVE, the files displayed are of VOB (since they are AUDIO TS AND VIDEO TS FOLDERS) But these VOB files are multiple in nature, 7 to 8 or may be more, and they all play the same content when entered. And to make the matters more confusing the names of the files displayed are VOB_1. 1232 MB, VOB_ 1433 MB and such, whereby I can't recognize the name of the movie. Whereas the downloaded content displays the perfect the name of the movie, .avi or .mkv format and such. But the copied DVD DISC doesn't displays the movie name. Is there a way to rename it for ease of recognizing and playing.

Plz let me know the way out.

Thanks and regards

JAYANT

These issues do not look like those of WDTV, but of the copying software. What program are you using to copy/rip the DVD. BTW, most DVDs have copy protection, and unless you circumvent this, they will not play properly. You should also play the copied version through a laptop or a PC to make sure where the issue is.

Cheers

1) When I copy a DVD DISC with DTS sound to an external hard disc, and if the same is played through the WDTV LIVE player, the sound emitted is of DOLBY DIGITAL and not DTS, neither is there any option of switching it to DTS, through the menu. This I come to know due to display on the AVR, and the initial indication on the TV screen through the player that it is played in DD. But when I play downloaded DTS content through the player, it shows DTS, and the sound is definitely DTS grade. Is there a way so as to enjoy the copied DVD DTS DISC through the player in DTS format.

Using OPTION button on Remote, check the track you are playing (First Icon). Disc might have multiple tracks (DD,DTS), in that case select the proper one.This you can do on clicking ENTER Button on First Icon.Otherwise as Venkatcr mentioned may be the issue with Software used.
2) Secondly when I copy a DVD DISC to the external hard disc, and start playing it through the WD LIVE, the files displayed are of VOB (since they are AUDIO TS AND VIDEO TS FOLDERS) But these VOB files are multiple in nature, 7 to 8 or may be more, and they all play the same content when entered. And to make the matters more confusing the names of the files displayed are VOB_1. 1232 MB, VOB_ 1433 MB and such, whereby I can't recognize the name of the movie. Whereas the downloaded content displays the perfect the name of the movie, .avi or .mkv format and such. But the copied DVD DISC doesn't displays the movie name. Is there a way to rename it for ease of recognizing and playing.
Don't go INSIDE VIDEO_TS folder. Click PLAY button ON VIDEO_TS Folder. Rest device will take care on playing sequentially.

Hi,

I using the WDLIVE media player since a couple of weeks. A good gadget... but for one or two hitches. Or may be I being naive may be facing it.

Plz let me know the way out.

Thanks and regards

JAYANT

Simply copying files is not a good idea.
Far better and cleaner to rip the DVP into a single .mkv file.

I use makemkv
MakeMKV - Make MKV from Blu-ray and DVD

Its a free software.
While ripping, it allows you to choose which soundtracks, subtitles etc you want to rip. You can retain all, if you wish.

As already pointed out, when you play through WD TV, use the options button to choose the correct soundtrack. Often DVDs have a multiple soundtracks. For example, an English DTS soundtrack, an English stereo soundtrack, and a (dubbed) foreign language soundtrack.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back