Weird issue with Denon X2300W

Rjoshi

Hello & requesting some insight into a weird issue with my Denon X2300W AVR (using since early 2017)

Everything was working fine until few weeks back. Then the projector started losing HDMI signal every 5-10 minutes and then automatically restored signal. TV connected to same AVR 2nd HDMI out never loses signal.

Did various checks as follows but same issue. Used the 2nd HDMI cable laid between AVR & Projector but signal drops, exchanged the HDMI outs between TV & Projector - TV still no signal loss but projector drops signal. Connected Nvidia Shield directly to projector - no signal loss but then no audio. So I figured out that its a AVR issue !!

If I leave the TV on in the background behind the drop down screen and then use the projector, the signal doesn't drop ! Both TV & projector run smoothly. So now to use the projector, I have to leave the TV on in the background !!

Quite confused and thought of checking with the experts here on what might be the issue, more from a understanding perspective. I would not want to send the AVR for repair & use this way till the 'jugad' lasts :)

Please do share your thoughts.

Does your projector have HDMI ARC ? If so, then switch it off in settings.

I too have a Denon 2300 and started facing the same problem with my new LG TV. Never had a problem with my Sony TV.
Problem vanished whne I switched of HDMI ARC in the LG.

In my view, its not a problem with the Denon. Problem is caused by poor implementation of HDMI ARC in devices connected to the Denon.

Last month, Denon pushed a major firmware update across its product line, not sure if this is the smoking gun here.

Does your projector have HDMI ARC ? If so, then switch it off in settings.

I too have a Denon 2300 and started facing the same problem with my new LG TV. Never had a problem with my Sony TV.
Problem vanished whne I switched of HDMI ARC in the LG.

In my view, its not a problem with the Denon. Problem is caused by poor implementation of HDMI ARC in devices connected to the Denon.
Thanks. My BenQ W1700 doesn't have any ARC option, the CEC is off. HDMI is set to Auto . ARC is off on the AVR.
Tv audio is via optical.

I am facing similar sort of issue with my Denon x1600h. When i connect my PS3 on any of the HDMI inputs, the display says no signal. But if i connect my PS3 on TV directly, it works without issues. When i restart the Denon, the PS3 plays for about 15 Mins and then again i get no signal on TV. I have tried different HDMI cables, i have also tried switching between different HDMI ports on Denon. I have reset my PS3 but nothing has solved my issue yet. Has anyone faced similar issues?

I am facing similar sort of issue with my Denon x1600h. When i connect my PS3 on any of the HDMI inputs, the display says no signal. But if i connect my PS3 on TV directly, it works without issues. When i restart the Denon, the PS3 plays for about 15 Mins and then again i get no signal on TV. I have tried different HDMI cables, i have also tried switching between different HDMI ports on Denon. I have reset my PS3 but nothing has solved my issue yet. Has anyone faced similar issues?
Is the issue only with PS3? Have you tried other HDMI sources to see if they work well?

Is the issue only with PS3? Have you tried other HDMI sources to see if they work well?
Yes.. I have a Airtel xtream, Firestick and also Tatasky. I have tried all 3 together and also separately on all ports and they seem to be working well. The issue is only when i connected PS3.

Check the ARC settings as suggested above. That usually can cause problems . I keep it off unless you will need TV audio and not use optical. Check the HDMI setting for full / auto and preferably keep auto.

Yes.. I have a Airtel xtream, Firestick and also Tatasky. I have tried all 3 together and also separately on all ports and they seem to be working well. The issue is only when i connected PS3.
Seems PS3 is causing the issue. Check its settings. Did you change anything on the ps3 before this issue occurred? Someone who uses a PS3 can help further.

Check the ARC settings as suggested above. That usually can cause problems . I keep it off unless you will need TV audio and not use optical. Check the HDMI setting for full / auto and preferably keep auto.
I have kept ARC off and tried. Also the HDMI setting is auto. Nothing seem to sort the issue.

Seems PS3 is causing the issue. Check its settings. Did you change anything on the ps3 before this issue occurred? Someone who uses a PS3 can help further.
Moreover all other devices seem to work without issues. I ran into multiple forums where they are discussing on same issue with PS3 and Denon. But I couldn’t find any workable solutions being given. Would be glad if you can help.

Moreover all other devices seem to work without issues. I ran into multiple forums where they are discussing on same issue with PS3 and Denon. But I couldn’t find any workable solutions being given. Would be glad if you can help.
I dont have a ps3 / xbox - so no clue!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back